LegacyGT.com

Emergency brake button rattles...how to fix?

HansGT

I've lived with this for three years now and never came up with a good solution....never thought about it too long either. Basically its just the chrome button on the emergency brake jiggles and makes a rattle noise when driving. I just rest my hand there to make it stop. Anyone else have the issue or have simple fix?

Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is to wedge something in there on the underneath side. Problem is it still needs to move back and forth without ejecting what you jammed in there.:confused:

I have some chrome adhesive backed label material. I'm going to cut a small piece for the underside and see if I can get it there. It's thin, but should put enough pressure on it to stop the rattle, yet still allow the button to move.

The only thing I can think of is to wedge something in there on the underneath side. Problem is it still needs to move back and forth without ejecting what you jammed in there.:confused:

I have some chrome adhesive backed label material. I'm going to cut a small piece for the underside and see if I can get it there. It's thin, but should put enough pressure on it to stop the rattle, yet still allow the button to move.

pretty much waht i did... slim tape... I had the issue with the armrest extension button and the ebrake button and slipped some tape down in there.

• 4 years later...

Archived