LegacyGT.com

extended warranty cost

captainmike

Dealer will not give me extended warranty pricing until I come in to buy a specific VIN to look up pricing.

for a 2018 Limited with tech package for $30K. what prices are people paying for an extended warranty ?

any pros or cons to the extended warranty that are not obvious ?

While I can't answer your question...I'm in a similar conundrum.

After 148K miles on my 05 Subaru Legacy 2.5i and some lobbying on my fiance's part I have decided to get a new car! Since I'm one of the most loyal people out there and also a creature of habit I decided to go with a 2014 Subaru Legacy Limited!

I really wanted a 3.6, but wanted something top of the line. Found a 2.5i with 16K miles and this thing is in MINT CONDITION...barely driven during the lease period! It was listed at almost $18,000...went in test drove it, looked at a couple different cars, they wouldn't negotiate...a week later the price dropped to $16,000 and I jumped on it. So now I have my money down and i'm just going back and forth with finance on interest rates and extended warranty price.

The car is certified pre-owned with 3.5 years or 100k miles left on the power train warranty. Now they are offering me gold wrap coverage for $1490 which is an exclusionary warranty that includes most items. I offered him $1200, but he won't budge on that price.

I'm buying a car based on its reliability...I bought an extended warranty on my 05 Legacy and really never used it. Given the fact that the car has 16k Miles on it and the warranty will run out in June 2021, do you feel like its worth it to purchase the extended warranty for an additional $1500?

Things to note:

I don't drive fast or wrecklass

I don't do my own engine work or know much about it

I do live in the NY Metropolitan area

& I do drive the car year-round

Any feedback would be helpful! Spend the money or take the gamble?

:confused:

I can't help much but I will offer my 2 cents. I haven't bought a new car at all so I can't comment there. However I have purchased an 07 wrx and 06 sti that were both considered certified pre-owned. When I bought my 07 wrx the dealer offered me the gold coverage(6 yr/100k miles) for $1,000 and I gladly said yes. 2 & 1/2 years later(12k miles driven) when I sold the wrx I found out I could cancel the warranty and get a pro-rated refund (which I did for $6xx).

I then purchased my 06 STI and was offered the gold plan for around $3k. I said heck no and tried to negotiate but they wouldn't budge. Within year I got a random letter from Subaru saying I could still purchase the warranty and now at only a cost of $1500. I still declined since I had decided to start modifying my vehicle.

Basically what I am saying is I don't think there is any set price for warranty cost so I don't know how to say whether the price is a rip off. But if it was me and the car is brand new(over $25k) and I had the option to buy a gold plan for $1500 or less why not do it. I look at things like that as assurance. When you purchase them you never wind up needing it but when you don't it could be very costly. For $1500 or less I would very much enjoy the peace of mind. Best part is you can always roll it into your loan(if you go that route).

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

When offered ext warranty by the finance guy after my recent purchase they came down about $700 from starting point before they stopped on an 8/80000 0 deduct plan.

You can purchase from any Subaru dealer with several recommending https://www.planetsubaru.com/added-security-extended-warranty.htm but they also want a VIN.

The Wife is bugging me to buy a $1,300, 100,000 mile Warranty from a Subaru Dealer before she hits 30,000 miles on her 17' 2.5 Outback...

She's tellin' me that it covers all Oil Changes and Maintenance up to 100,000 miles...

I find this hard to believe... If True, thats a pretty good deal, but I think it's too good to be True...

I have bought 4 new cars and 1 used car from a dealership that I could have purchased extended warranties on. I skipped the warranty and took the risk. I have made out on every one of the cars, most of those cars haven't needed any repairs before 100k miles. At this point in time, I am more than $5k thousands of dollars ahead, I plan on doing the same and skipping the extended warranty going forward.

• 7 months later...
HI all. I just purchased a 2019 3.6R with all the goodies. This is my First Subaru and I'm so excited about it. I had asked my salesperson for any info he could give me an extended warranty's and all he could do was tell me I had to speak with the finance guy. Ok, no big deal. When I got in I met a man that should have been in the Godfather movies. I asked a few questions and he came out with a price that I almost fell off my seat for the 10/100 zero ded. I asked if it was a Subaru warranty and was assured it was. He told me it would be $3995.00 and that was the "deal of a lifetime" and I'd be a fool to pass it up. So I said for $ 4000.00 I'll be the fool, thank you but no thank you. I did some research and found Luke Corcione from Subaru Stamford. I called him and he was so nice and friendly and answered all my crazy questions and again I almost fell off my chair with his price. $ 1550.00 for the 10 year/ 100 K zero ded. I was like great I'll take it and here is my card. As we were on the phone I got an email from Luke and It was in my email. So I said I will tell everyone about how great he is and Luke was so appreciative and I felt he meant it. So everyone who goes up again the Godfather type finance guy, call Luke at Subaru Stamford at 203-252-2222 ext 109 , you will really be glad you did.

When offered ext warranty by the finance guy after my recent purchase they came down about $700 from starting point before they stopped on an 8/80000 0 deduct plan.

You can purchase from any Subaru dealer with several recommending https://www.planetsubaru.com/added-security-extended-warranty.htm but they also want a VIN.

Hi, I'm new to the site and I just purchased a new 3.6R, I found a much better price then Plant Subaru with Luke from Subaru Stamford. I would give him a call and you would be pleasantly surprised. $1550.00 10/100 zero ded gold plus, give him a call, can't hurt. 203-252-2222 ext 109

What's with all these new users pushing Luke from Subaru Stamford? They bumped an ancient thread in the 5th gen section too, and they're in a thread in the sixth gen section. Does this violate forum rules?

What's with all these new users pushing Luke from Subaru Stamford? They bumped an ancient thread in the 5th gen section too, and they're in a thread in the sixth gen section. Does this violate forum rules?
How can it? I know I'm new to the group and I'm enjoying reading everything and I thought I would share some good advice

You've got 3 posts, and all three of them are plugging Luke at Stamford. User Legacy2018 has 1 post, plugging Luke at Stamford. Other users with fewer than 10 posts are plugging him.

Maybe this is the first internet forum you've been a part of, but on most forums, that looks suspiciously like some guy creating multiple accounts to plug his own business.

absolutely NOT, I didn't know there were people looking to see other things other than a new Subaru owner sharing some good experience with other owners. Brady, your 100% right, I'm not the most computer literate person in the world so I thought this wasn't bad to do, but a friend of mine told me to look up clubs and join and have the same interest as others. I didn't think people would think differently about sharing some info. If Luke has gotten some post here, so what?

Archived