LegacyGT.com

Clutch Issues

Shello007

I installed an ACT Stage 2 clutch kit and a WRX flywheel( This is a LGT). That was done about <3K miles ago. I tried to move off in 1st gear last week, and it wasn't a dumped clutch scenario. Granted, my revs were a bit high because the car in front of me wouldn't move and I had to avoid hitting him. Needless to say, at about 4K RPM I tried releasing gradually; Car screamed, Clutch bawled and was slipping as I rowed through 1st to 3rd quickly to avoid further damage. Needless to say, I was going nowhere fast. My thing is, I don't think I have crazy power/Tq. I am running, what I estimate about 300BHP and Tq. Yesterday, I made a U turn..in second gear then accelerated to avoid the oncoming car. Again, no dumping/ flatfoot shifting ( it's a Daily driver) and from 2nd to 3rd it slipped again. Arghh, that ghastly smell. What is causing a fairly reputable clutch like ACT to slip in such a short space of time? And no, it's not the driver, this is my second Subaru and I've driven nothing but manuals for the past 22 years.

Did. It was ok afterwards. Lost some of its bite of course. Just concerns me that shifting from 2nd to 3rd, even at high revs would solicit this. Oh, and thanks for the response Max. really curious if anyone else had longevity issues with the ACT Stage 2.

Archived