LegacyGT.com

Avoid Stevens Creek Subaru!!!!!

tvitarelli

I have heard bad things about this dealership but I figured I would give them a shot. I brought the car in for an oil change and tire rotation. My car came back with 3 scratched wheels from carelessly using an impact gun. The dealer told me the wheels would be refinished and good as new. After 4 days the car came back with 15 extra miles on it and a less than poor finish on all four wheels. To top it off the car now had a cracked front windshield. Looks like someone enjoyed some joyriding in my car. The finish on the wheels was so bad that when I showed the service manager how bad the finish was the paint just flaked off with my fingernail. I fought and fought to get new wheels and I finally did. Now my weather stripping around my newly installed windshield is falling off and I have a door ding on my passenger door. To top it off I dropped the car off after washing it and they parked it next to the sprinklers for 4 days and now I had to spend the entire day detailing the car to get off the water spots. To add to the list the window repair guy stood in the door opening to install the window and broke the button for the power seats. Now I just discovered that and I have to take it in again.

How can this dealership do such a crappy job. They must use monkeys to fix everything around that place. For your safety I would never take your car or buy a car from this Stealership. :mad:

Yeah, tough luck man, hope you'll get some kind of reimbursement from them. I think there is a thread here somewhere about the poor service and attitude of the Stevens Creek Subaru. Not to teach you or anything, but if you really don't know the dealership ,you can ask here, I had my Leggy for 3 years and have been to quite a few of the dealerships for a service, so I can definetely fill you in on which ones are good and which ones are not.

Try Santa Cruz, I know it's a long drive, but if you have time on the weekend it's worth it. Never had a problem there, Mike the service manager is real nice, and they always keep it honest with you.

If you don't want to go to Santa Cruz, the Redwood City Subaru is pretty nice and friendly as well. Hope that helps

Simon

Hope everything's good after this one and you won't have to go back to that stealership again.

I would suggest Capitol Subaru in San Jose, Justin is a great guy at the service department. The guys at parts department are nice too.

I bought my car at Carlsen Subaru in Redwood city without any problem, but never tried their service department since Capitol is closer for me. Santa Cruz is a bit far, but I've read good reviews about them.

Hope everything's good after this one and you won't have to go back to that stealership again.

I would suggest Capitol Subaru in San Jose, Justin is a great guy at the service department. The guys at parts department are nice too.

I bought my car at Carlsen Subaru in Redwood city without any problem, but never tried their service department since Capitol is closer for me. Santa Cruz is a bit far, but I've read good reviews about them.

yea.. go hit up justin. while you're at it... if you do talk to justin, wanna ask him to schedule me in for my next oil change? lols.

but seriously.. +1 to justin and the guys at the capitol subaru service dept.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Sorry about your misfortunes but I gotta write: Your mistake for taking your specB to a place you've already heard bad things about. Secondly, no matter where I take which of our vehicles, I ask permission to observe/watch what is being done to it, ready to intervene in an appropriate way if I see something I don't like. Granted you may have had to tough it out with them for your wheels but why the windshield incident as well? Couldn't you put a stop after the 1st incident? Unless you're a glutton for punishment don't take it to the same place again. Granted I'm quite fortunate to have a dealer/service just 10-15 minutes from our home and this may be easier said than done: you must "protect" your specB by showing "ownership" = phone calls for updates and driving by unannounced to check up on her, particularly if you've dropped her off for more than an overnighter......Lastly, are you provided with a loaner-for-owner?

My car is currently at Steven's Creek being repaired for a blown out clutch. I didn't have much of a choice since my training was 1 block down the street and my clutch died a few miles away. Since I live in Fresno, I didn't have any time to look for another mechanic since it was 9:00 PM at night and I had to return back to Fresno the next day. So I had it towed there that night and went back the next day to pick up a loaner car untill it's fixed.

Have my fingers crossed that I don't run into the same problems as you guys did.

My wife's balls are delicious.

+1000000000 for santa cruz. They are worth the extra drive. Mike, Mark, and Johnny will treat you right and ronny the shop forman cracks the wip and wouldn't let something like this go with out making sure it is right. The parts department is good, just wish they had more storage for parts, but carries most parts they use most of the time.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

They told me it will be done in 2 days...........it's day 3 and they haven't fixed my clutch yet. Begining of day 4 I'm going to make some phone calls to the managers.

That's very good to know. I'm picking up my car on Monday (after being there a full week) and I'll report back as to the outcome of their service department. I hope I don't run into any issues with them.

When I dropped my car off the second time the guy told me about how they are much better then they used to be as they had an entire new management in the service department. Too bad they still have a bunch of monkeys working there. I hope everything goes well with the clutch but I would still have everyone steer clear of that zoo.

I originally bought my car from Stevens Creek Subaru and fortunately have had decent service so far.

I need to do my 30k service now. Stevens Creek quoted me $800 for this service. Does anybody have any mechanics or shops they'd recommend for this service? Of course I'm looking for some good honest work at a reasonable price.

I originally bought my car from Stevens Creek Subaru and fortunately have had decent service so far.

I need to do my 30k service now. Stevens Creek quoted me $800 for this service. Does anybody have any mechanics or shops they'd recommend for this service? Of course I'm looking for some good honest work at a reasonable price.

depends on how far you wanna go.

GST in the bay

FLI in Santa Rosa

DBtuned in Sacramento.

all are great people.

Picked up my car last week from Steven's Creek, and everything turned out good. When the service rep first quoted me it came out to be over $3,000 for a new clutch, main shaft, and new bell housing. Plus I was renting one of their OBs for $30 bucks a day (a lot cheaper than a rental car place), so I'm looking to pay close to $3,400 for everything.:eek:

When I pick up my car, the service rep handed me the invoice and the total cost came to $2,600 out the door. He told me he over quoted me and he waived the rental since they had to keep the car for a week to get parts in. I am very pleased with the outcome and the car runs new again. Hopefully they can continue this kind of service with the new manager.

Only complaint - car had water spots all over it, to the point that I had to clean the front windshield before driving it off the lot.

Picked up my car last week from Steven's Creek, and everything turned out good. When the service rep first quoted me it came out to be over $3,000 for a new clutch, main shaft, and new bell housing. Plus I was renting one of their OBs for $30 bucks a day (a lot cheaper than a rental car place), so I'm looking to pay close to $3,400 for everything.:eek:

When I pick up my car, the service rep handed me the invoice and the total cost came to $2,600 out the door. He told me he over quoted me and he waived the rental since they had to keep the car for a week to get parts in. I am very pleased with the outcome and the car runs new again. Hopefully they can continue this kind of service with the new manager.

Only complaint - car had water spots all over it, to the point that I had to clean the front windshield before driving it off the lot.

are you sporting any legacygt.com stickers? or did you mention legacygt.com or i-club.com????

or they just gave it to u automatically?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Funny you said that, because the only sticker I have on there is .org one. The .com one peeled off last yr. Maybe that's why they're being nice to me.:cool:

You just did on the CA threads....:lol: It's barely alive over there, but it's just another place to goof off.

haha.. damn i got curious when you mentioned it and i took a quick peek... dude i didn't think someone actually would've caught me snooping over there.. :lol:

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Archived