Have ACT with LWFW and full face disc.

Love it. a little increase in NVH.

+ motors spins up faster, smoother

+ solid consistent clutch engagement

+ easy to rev match

+ great price through Crucial Racing

- can hear gears more during engine braking

- learning curve to shift gears smoothly due to engine dropping RPMs faster

- originally had wrong release bearing, ACT overnighted correct one.

- - leaking oil seal on passenger front axle. Not a clutch issue, just a PITA for me.

I considered the WRX OEM flywheel for a smaller decrease in weight, but closer to stock drivability.

I'm not a fan of Spec's 2 piece FW. No data, just didn't like the thought of one of the friction surface bolts coming loose.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

+ easy to rev match

- - leaking oil seal on passenger front axle. Not a clutch issue, just a PITA for me.

I considered the WRX OEM flywheel for a smaller decrease in weight, but closer to stock drivability.

I'm not a fan of Spec's 2 piece FW. No data, just didn't like the thought of one of the friction surface bolts coming loose.

Thank you for your review.

+ easy to rev match

I agree with the bold.....

Spec stage 2+ and LWFW and still waiting for the clutch chatter to go away. How many miles till your clutch engagement got smooth? Mine sucks right now and hating it more and more.... Feels like from the passanger front like a loose axle...Also had leaking axle seal on driver side tho that dealership fixed under warranty.

Have the ACT kit along with shifter bushings and transmission mount.

Was grabby cold the first few hundred miles for the first few takeoffs from a stop, nothing too bad though. Did stall it a few times. :)

Now, just a touch grabby for the first one or two takeoffs from a stop. There is certainly some increased gear rattle from 3K to 2K in 2nd/3rd when you are off throttle.

Clutch engagement is much, much more positive and consistent now. Can actually feel the engagement point versus stock. And I like having the engine rev a little easier, feels like a smaller motor versus before.

For the non-cheapos there is the mildly more expensive BullyClutch 06 rex conversion.

I think I was the first one here to have an 06 WRX clutch and PP on their LGT.

Mine is absolutely top-notch, one year old, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

-Logged 0-60 in 4 secs.

-No slippage.

-No increase in pedal affort.

-extremely easy to drive.

I would have gotten the ACT flywheel (I was the first in line) but it wasn't ready in time, so I have an OEM WRX one. It is fine. I would prefer it a bit lighter, but it is a step up from the DMF that we have.

Hanz, how much did you pay and where from? Thanks.

We have a special going on now: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84200 BTW, we put ACT in everything and never had problems except with the 500bhp sti, needed to go much much beefier clutch there.

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

Archived