LegacyGT.com

purple paint on every screw/bolt

My 2005 Legacy has a little purple paint mark on every screwhead and bolthead on the car. In the engine compartment, interior stuff under the dash and under the seats, in the trunk, everywhere! My 98 Legacy had yellow paint marks on every bolt and screw. So what's the story with them? Does some guy go through the car counting and marking screws before it leaves the factory?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's to tell if a bolt has been turned. If a bolt or screw has been removed and replaced (car worked on), the marks will not match back up. Only worry if any of the purple marks are misaligned.

Wrong but thats ok :)

If you notice they also mark all the fluid levels.

"retarded" is understandable if I'm wrong about something. But calling me a bItch, that's where I draw the line. Why don't you get off your horse and just freaking say what it's for instead of being like a school-kid with the I-know-something-you-don't-know smug attitude. Who really gives a $hIt about the damn marks neway?!

"retarded" is understandable if I'm wrong about something. But calling me a bItch, that's where I draw the line. Why don't you get off your horse and just freaking say what it's for instead of being like a school-kid with the I-know-something-you-don't-know smug attitude. Who really gives a $hIt about the damn marks neway?!

See post #5 :)

Archived