LegacyGT.com

Small rust spots/Touch up paint

I have an image attached of what it looks like. On the top of the car i have small chips about the diameter of a pencil body. There is rust in the chip and corroded paint by it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove this small amount of rust and small amount of bad paint around it and what to do after. A lot of guides on the internet involve sanding a big spot and Im not about that life.

photo.thumb.JPG.a7db6ebf4f67a404b0df09d8fe7e17bc.JPG

Anything mildly abrasive will do the trick. Hit it with some polish and that should take care of the rust. If you are going to do the touch up properly then you'll need to sand it out just a bit before you paint it, but if you are just going for the blob tactic to keep it from spreading, then that works too. Not as pretty, but better looking than a rust dot which will continue to spread out and F up your paint.

Remember: Wax is not Polish. You need to pick something up that is meant for cutting paint and removing swirls. You can't just wax it and walk away, so find something meant for scratch removal or swirls. Meguiar's has a couple great products in black bottles that work awesome. Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. Definitely start with something like that. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived