LegacyGT.com

Saw a spec B in person

and it looks just like the pictures :)

The color is nice and the interior looks pretty good as well. I can't see them selling for anywhere near MSRP, but then I'm not going to buy one.

The interesting thing is that they had 1 on the lot and I bet it will be there for a while. Their website shows that they have 2 in stock, but I didn't see the other one.

Only a handful of Legacy GTs and lots of 2.5is

They had about a million Tribecas; how long before it is officially declared a disaster???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and it looks just like the pictures :)

The color is nice and the interior looks pretty good as well. I can't see them selling for anywhere near MSRP, but then I'm not going to buy one.

The interesting thing is that they had 1 on the lot and I bet it will be there for a while. Their website shows that they have 2 in stock, but I didn't see the other one.

Only a handful of Legacy GTs and lots of 2.5is

They had about a million Tribecas; how long before it is officially declared a disaster???

I was by my dealer the other day getting an oil change and tire rotation. They had TONS of Outbacks (mostly 2.5i's 40 +, and about 10 XT's), about 10 to 15 Legacy's. Only about 10 to 15 Tribeca's though. I actually drove one. OK, I'll admit it. Damm thing is sweet! DISCLAIMER. The Tribeca can only be considered SWEET when compared to other 7 passenger vehicles (minivans) and the Volvo XC90. It drives that nicely.

Still, the BIG problem for me is engine choice, transmission choice and biggest of all, no curtain airbag for the third row...

BTW, I think the new Impreza with the Tribeca-ish grill LOOKS GREAT!

Lastly, if I could get the Tribeca, even with its "vagina inspired" front grill (I read that in a review) with any of the 2.5 turbo engines + an MT I'd be all over it. Provided they fix the airbag thing.

So I saw a spec. B while dropping my car off at the dealer today. MSRP was like $35,4!!!! Ridic. The door was open so I looked inside, just doesn't feel like $35k. The rims looked decent...but they never really floated my boat anyways. I never wanted the limited package, but if I did want it, I don't think I could justify the premium for this car. Like everyone has said before, no increase in power...so really..meh...

Oh yeah, number 343/500

They had Tribecas parked EVERYWHERE. Must have been a dozen or more.

[sOA marketing gurus] "Hey lets flood all the dealers with Tribecas and then people will just be itching to buy one!"

Hey rao, I hereby officially declare the B9 Tribeca a disaster, if only marketing wise.

I mean, what's not to like about the commercial? God, if I hear that damn Kansas song one more time........:mad:

same thing by me. Bill Kolb Subaru has about 9 million tribecas on the lot. Tons of foresters. About 3 or 4 of the new wrx's (2 wrx & 2 sti, some split like that, & I like the new grill on those). Didnt see any legacys at all. I know they got some on a back storage lot but nothin up front. They got some bootleg version of last years GTX package. Basically from what I'm seeing it's a 2.5i with the suede/leather seat package & a trunk lip spoiler. They're calling it gxr or some crap.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

You'd have to take it to a track to find out if the suspension pieces give the car additional value vs. a standard GT Limited.

So I saw a spec. B while dropping my car off at the dealer today. MSRP was like $35,4!!!! Ridic. The door was open so I looked inside, just doesn't feel like $35k. The rims looked decent...but they never really floated my boat anyways. I never wanted the limited package, but if I did want it, I don't think I could justify the premium for this car. Like everyone has said before, no increase in power...so really..meh...

Oh yeah, number 343/500

I have yet to see a tribeca outside of a dealership period. And i thought the Legacy was rare. I'm sure the Gas scare has something to do with all SUV sales though.

We are still selling some Tribeca models. We have a good stock of them, but not flooded with them by any means.

I know our Jeep sales have pretty much become non-existant lately, but Subaru customers seem to purchase what they want regardless of gas price ups and downs.

You'd have to take it to a track to find out if the suspension pieces give the car additional value vs. a standard GT Limited.

Granted, but I also spent more than $10k less on my GT. Although it doesn't have leather/sunroof/nav/suspension parts, I probably could get real close to a similar ride on the track. But that is also if I actually took my car on a track. I am just saying for me personally, I couldn't justify $35k. Although, a friend of mine just got a 2006 bmw 325i, and I drove it. I couldn't justify that either. I really didn't like the inside, and the ride, I felt so out of control with the soft suspension. That bmw bit was just a side note...i don't think it is related.

Apparently Tribeca sales started slowly but appears to be gaining momentum. At the beginning, dealerships were probably sweating the Tribeca being the next Aztek. If you've been following recent sales reports, you will find that the Tribeca has been selling about 2000 units/month (in september, 11.5% of total Subaru sales). Some 3X better than the Baja. Ugly or not, there is some market segment out there that likes it.

My wife recently bought an MDX (don't ask; she's wanted one for a long freaking time). If she couldn't get the deal on the MDX, she was going to look at the Tribeca and the Pilot. Personal bias aside, the Tribeca offered more features than the MDX at a cheaper price point. If she wasn't enamored by the MDX, logic would have dictated for her to buy the Tribeca as 'the better vehicle'. Regardless if it looked like a piggy bank.

As for seeing them on the road, I'm starting to see them. Then again, it took a while before Legacies/Outbacks started showing up on the road. If Subaru is smart, they'll offer huge incentives to get the fence sitters in the door. One of the best advertizing you can have is when you see them everywhere. Around here, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an Outback wagon.

I am neutral on the Tribeca simply because I can't say I love it. But I don't dislike it, it's a bit odd looking, but in person its not too bad (and some colors are better than others). The interior is pretty cool and functional, overall if people get over the fact it's an expensive subaru it's a nice car.

People will eventually accept that subaru can make a nicer vehicle that's worth it.

I've actually seen a few here in Miami.It's kind of nice to see them, as I've NEVER seen another '05 Legacy here.

The scene is usually "Hey, that's a Tribeca! Wow! Looks pretty cool!"

And then as I pass it, I see the front...and it just looks like a pig.

Sort of like those "Butterface" girls you see sometimes..."Hey she looks pretty good...but her face..."

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

[sOA marketing gurus] "Hey lets flood all the dealers with Tribecas and then people will just be itching to buy one!"

Hey rao, I hereby officially declare the B9 Tribeca a disaster, if only marketing wise.

I mean, what's not to like about the commercial? God, if I hear that damn Kansas song one more time........:mad:

Marketing disaster? Are you kidding?

Here's an example of how successful the advertising is... When I bought my Legacy this summer I told my grandmother that I bought a Subaru. Immediately she responded with "oh they make that B9 Tribeca". If they can get my 87 year old grandmother to remember the name of the new vehicle, I'd say they're doing a great job!

In September, the Tribeca outsold the Legacy sedan, the Impreza wagon, and the Impreza sedan. Tribecas are all over dealer lots because they are actually selling quickly. The Tribeca is anything but a flop, especially considering the unfortunate timing of gas price increases.

If I didn't rush to buy the last "white on black" LGT made before the 2006 color changes and had a little more disposable income right now, I would definitely have bought a Spec B.

It has everything I want in the Legacy. Navigation is a must. Manual trans in a must. Stiffer suspension is a must. Summer tires is a must. The sweet red interior is a bonus. In my opinion, these upgrades are worth the extra $5k. Not everyone wants a pure sports car... that's what the Impreza STi is for. If you expect pure performance AND the current Spec B's luxury features, it would certainly cost more than $34k.

Archived