LegacyGT.com

[Project] Black out headlights? Together?

arnold16890

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone wants to work on blacking out headlights together (or removing the amber sidemarkers). I have done this on a Lancer before so I know what to do for the most part, but I don't have access to a large enough oven any more.

If you have a garage and large enough oven, let's find a weekend and work on this together, hopefully you're not too far from me (Berkeley)!

Let me know!

Arnold

I'd love to come watch see how the process work.... also isnt feb.3 superbowl sunday??

ya it is, i'm not big on sports. but i got other plans that day.

you're welcome over. i think we're going to do this on the 10th of feb.

i dont think i will be able to make it but heres a little tip what not to do...

I dont know if it was a fluke or what, but i tried to clean the inside of the lense with glass cleaner and a rag and it ended up doing something wierd with the plastic and made it hazy so i had to buff the inside of the lense until it was clear again, wich was a pain in the ass.

Hey Diavolo, I got your PM earlier in the week. I'm gonna be spending most of the day Saturday installing a WL 22mm RSB and SS braided brake lines. Not sure if I can push it with the wife by trying to do more car stuff on Sunday, but we will see how Saturday goes. I think she's going to coffee with a friend Sunday morning so I may have the opportunity to "escape" for a few hours to come check out the baking process to get the headlights apart. Thanks Man!!!!

Big thanks to Diavolo on supplying a place and helping with this project. The headlights turned out REALLY good.

Note for future reference:

1) Don't bother taping off the chrome ring, the chrome comes off with the painter's tape... (see pic)

2) With the bumper and headlights off, you may as well take the intake snorkel/resonator out.

3) Have your turn signal, fog, HID, or low/high beam bulbs ready in case you want to change them. (my darn turn signal bulbs arrived a day late...)

4pxOtXpY2G5qLdnwZ3pkWide_sNZrcEhsTxQE_eYvaE.thumb.jpg.1166d2dfcbb8ca267b9843b6304925e8.jpg

hOZ0-G56-9tZSvcoPgh43dhBFEhyV5sKQrJGddRFNoo.thumb.jpg.61767d1005c4bd12e232b3dd189e1c9b.jpg

oWmh4o78BpYl6vA0dNkn9bZnrqqb90uOp_XBRhFDNtE.thumb.jpg.a011e0b6ef6bf778f612159378953cbe.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived