LegacyGT.com

Time to fix this mush pedal....

jaxx4k

I've spend most of yesterday reading on brakes.. came down to 2 conclusion.

opt1: Stoptech power slotted all around + HPS+ +SS lines + motul + WRX 2 pot rear calipers @ $7xx.00

opt2: Wilwood BBK front + rear slotted+HPS+ +SS lines motul + WRX 2 pot rear calipers @ $15xx.00

would doing opt 1 fix the mushy feel?? is always the 2nd pump that feels better , 1st pump is like a dead fish feel, my stock prelude brakes felt better then these.

also, any know which yr WRX 2 pot am I looking for? does the 2 pot runs the same LGT pads?? no right??

Bleed the brakes:lol: Not one of the things you mentioned will improve mushy brakes. You could do all that work, which will require a complete purge of the brake fluid, or you could do a complete purge of the brake fluid, which (surprise:lol:) will eliminate the "mushy" feel.;)
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• Mega Users

+1

At the very most change/upgrade fluid, switch to SS lines, and upgrade your pads.

That will slightly improve feel and bleeding your lines will be part of that process anyways.

If you're still not happy you're only out the price of pads which you can sell on here

HP+>>HPS in terms of feel.

$0.02

I haven't found this to be entirely true.

For a street-only pad, the HPS seems perfectly suited to almost any driving condition you would find on the street.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I haven't found this to be entirely true.

For a street-only pad, the HPS seems perfectly suited to almost any driving condition you would find on the street.

HPS+ suck when they are cold:lol: Even plain ole HPS can be weird when the temp is below 32 Degrees.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I just don't like the dusting of the HP+. I don't wash my car enough for that.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I tried to get rid of the mushyness, when first bought car.. I bought racing brake slotted rotors, new hps pads, new motul fluid and new ss braided lines. NO HELP at all..brakes felt the same , just news. So my next brake upgrade was BBK brembos and stoptech pads with APM J hooked rotors, About 85 percent of mushyness gone, pedal feels much more natural , If you want better pedal feel go with the wildwood or brembo bbk or stoptech. . As far as pads go, HP+ (great but dusty and sqeaky sometimes, Stoptech pads a happy medium, Dusty but similar to HP+ went hot, and HPS in my opininion 5 percent better than stock.. Only bbk will get rid of mushyness, and to fix the last 15 percent you must add the cusco master brake cylinder bracket and your good to go. My 2 cents from experience.

I tried to get rid of the mushyness, when first bought car.. I bought racing brake slotted rotors, new hps pads, new motul fluid and new ss braided lines. NO HELP at all..brakes felt the same , just news. So my next brake upgrade was BBK brembos and stoptech pads with APM J hooked rotors, About 85 percent of mushyness gone, pedal feels much more natural , If you want better pedal feel go with the wildwood or brembo bbk or stoptech. . As far as pads go, HP+ (great but dusty and sqeaky sometimes, Stoptech pads a happy medium, Dusty but similar to HP+ went hot, and HPS in my opininion 5 percent better than stock.. Only bbk will get rid of mushyness, and to fix the last 15 percent you must add the cusco master brake cylinder bracket and your good to go. My 2 cents from experience.

where to get that bracket?? try to google it & not any vendor has it FS.

Archived