New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
it might be mentioned somewhere in the thread but with the 2.5i back pressure, does this affect anything?

Back pressure? Since you don't want back pressure, if anything, this mod would remove some.

so ive had my hawgzaust system in for about two months and i got tired of it and took the washers out and my exhaust flanges are bent. i guess its finally time to get a real exhaust.

How did you manage to bend your flanges?

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

did my "stage three" hogzaust. sounds great everywhere. no weird resonance. in the summer time with windows down and sunroof cracked some exhaust smell gets inside when decelerating. i have worked and been around a speed shop and classic muscle cars since birth so the smell to me is very mild. i actually enjoy it. those not acclimated might hate it and get headaches...

^ Agree, that enhanced Subaru rumble >>>>> any little stink or headache.

That being said, I totally enjoyed the Hawgzaust for two years while I saved and waited for the Prodrive cans I have now. Viva la Hawgzaust!

Overall the Prodrives (behind CNT catted DP, stock mid and Y pipes) have much less exhaust aroma, are slightly quieter than a stage 2 washer Hogzaust at idle, have no unpleasing highway drone but scream nicely at WOT. Just right for me and my wife. I have not tried to do a sound bit of these, but will try. Otherwise, there is a Prodirve behind upgraded mid/Y-pipe sections here http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-audio-video-clip-compilation-thread-102170.html

• 4 weeks later...

1 side effect: a big smile.

Spread the word, if you don't find it...also recall I did this almost 7 (OMG!) years ago.

Where does the time go? HOLY CRAP.

Edited by hogmeat
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I've thought about trying this on my 5th gen LGT, just for kicks...but too lazy I guess. Interested in hearing teh ELH sound ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

im wanting to try this out but having the gap and it being an exhaust leak , how does this affect your car? MPG? or problems??

While it is a leak in your exhaust, it is located at the back of the system. It will not effect O2 sensors, so no change to MPG there. This mod is to give you a performance exhaust sound without the expense. Some folks claim a slight smell of exhaust in the car, but I'm not one of them. Lastly, if you have yearly safety inspections where you live, you will want to reverse this mod before going in since it is after all an exhaust leak.

I've had mine done for a year now and I still love it :)

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Heres a waste of time idea, someone should design an actuated hydraulic clamp that opens / closes the "hogzaust" from a switch inside the car, especially if you have S drive :-) Done this to mine now, its back to how a subby should sound.

...actually I lie. It sounds like crap. It sounds like someones just drilled a hole in my exhaust. Gonna put it back to stock. Stupid sound. I was hoping more for that boxer rumble you get with the WRX

Sounds about the same but it comes from under the car rather than the back. I had to do that on mine where the springs bolts are cause the bolt snapped. So I put some washers in. Sounded good but kinda ricey at low Rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk