LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

I guess i will have to figure it out, that will not hook the ipod up to the new electronic you made. Why did this not come with the kit then if it was well explained? Sorry, i dont mean to be a pita.

Mostly because the price of the cable/ipod-connect-recharging-device is better in the US than here in Canada.

Also, I'm building/desiging electronic modules, I'm not a cable reseller.

If you REALLY want one and don't want to purchase it by yourself, I can ship you one for some $.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
I guess i will have to figure it out, that will not hook the ipod up to the new electronic you made. Why did this not come with the kit then if it was well explained? Sorry, i dont mean to be a pita.

You might want to pay someone to do the install for you...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I got mine within about 3 days which was a pleasant surprise :) I installed mine today and couldn't be happier. I haven't gotten a chance to drill and install the switch yet but great sound quality and easy install.
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

• Moderators

Installed mine Friday/Saturday. Relatively easy install as long as you can follow instructions. Only took 20min or so to get the radio out taking my time. Brought it inside and disassembly/reassembly with the board probably took about 2 hours, but I'm slow. I don't solder, so that part scared the shit out of me but turned out fine--maybe used a bit too much solder but it piled up nicely and touched nothing but the wire and the contact point! woohoo!

Put the radio back in and everything sounds great :) Headed to radio shack today to pick up a female jack to mount in the cubby, also still have to do the switch.

Thanks, Sebastian. great product and awesome instructions to go with it.

The audio cable might be only half way inserted on the aux in module. When installing, make sure that you use the provided ty-rap to prevent the cables from coming out while re-installing the head unit in the car. I suggest that you ty-rap all the cables together with the antenna cable, as this cable is solidly fixed to the head unit. Make sure that the cables (audio and switch) are not stretched, they should have some loose left on them.

I got mine after about 3 days too.

Installed it on Saturday, everything was pretty straightforward. I've already installed the Jazzy engineering kit in another car so I was pretty familiar with the process. Like others have said, the soldering part scared the hell out of me as well.

I'm happy with it, the sound is SO much better than the shitty FM transmitter that I've been using for the past few weeks.

• Moderators
i got it in and it sounds okay, but the voices are weak and echo and there is no bass, What could i have done wrong?

Are you getting sound out of only one side of the car? That's probably a pretty good indicator that the cable is not plugged in all the way...

Just installed my Leptronix aux in last weekend. It took a few hours, but everything went according to plan. The sound is great, the input detection works perfectly, and the quality and design of the piece was great. I highly suggest this mod to anyone with a 4th gen LGT.

• Moderators
Once i pluged the charger into the ipod and into the cig lighter i got the bass back and the voices, but slight echo still. Sounds clear, but on some songs the music is too much over the words. Has anyone had this happen to them?

So you put power to the ipod and it worked? I'm no electrical guru, but could this be a grounding issue? Was your soldering spot on?

Also, have you tried a different input source? Other ipod or a laptop or something?

Also, does the cable you are using have two black rings around the metal plug or just 1?

i think the soldering was good. i did not conect the two silver spots together. wire to that spot all together. i used a male input with and aux input plug in on the other end. Then used a male to male conector from that to the ipod. to recharge i used a cig lighter adapter with a usb port. i used my iphone also into it and get the samething. I know i put it in right. Post # 564 is what mine looks like. Edited by mustangendsley

The kit is selling for 100$ (USD or CAN) + shipping. Canada buyers needs to add the PST, GST, TVH and all that sh!t that we are required to give to Harper and Charest so that they can have nice vacations... anyway.. that's another fight.. lol!

The kit is selling for 100$ (USD or CAN) + shipping. Canada buyers needs to add the PST, GST, TVH and all that sh!t that we are required to give to Harper and Charest so that they can have nice vacations... anyway.. that's another fight.. lol!

OK, let's pretend that I am a tourist here in Montreal who doesn't pay Harper or Charest.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Excellent product - I ordered mine awhile ago and received it (10/2010) but never had a chance to install....I forgot I even had it but when looking through a box of car audio parts I saw the package...made an effort today to install and it was straightforward and relatively simple. I thoroughly enjoy it. Thanks again for designing and making this product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...