LegacyGT.com

Final: Disable Seat Belt Chime.

After reading several ways to delete the chime and folling some suggetions. I followed the wires coming from the head of the seatbelt under the rubber boot. I carefully traced them, and verified there track with my mutlimeter. When you look under the drivers seat, You will see a large White wire connector closest to the door side. This is a white female plug and a white maile plug, (you will see several but this is white on white, not white on yellow). The female side is mounted to an underseat Brace, the male side has a quick release button on the bottom side/rear. Push that button in and slide the male plug towrds the rear seat. once disconnected, tuck it in somewhere out of place. You are have now permanetely deleted the chime and light on the dash. And if need be you can simply plug them back together, restart the car and your back to stock.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, but as you can imagine its a little hard to hold a camera, focus, and hold the carpet under the seat out of the way :lol:

FYI. DO NOT disconnect the plug on the passenger side, this paticular plug is also connected along with the Airbag Sensor. The drivers side is not!!!!!

HPIM0321.thumb.jpg.0c3f72b18667c55db192dc35a73ea6c0.jpg

HPIM0322.thumb.jpg.bbadb8761d75fef0e80f308886d6c718.jpg

HPIM0323.thumb.jpg.d3ff2440fdb3907ce96c888ed0272037.jpg

Click

Here everyday:redface:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could just not get at that connector. But the wire cutter could!

Kudos!

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

It goes back to normal after you disconnect the battery. You still have to do it on the passenger side, but disconnecting the plug on the drivers side eliminates it no matter what until you plug it back in.

Click

Too each his own, but if you service your car regularly (disconnecting the battery) this will be simpler. If you need to take it in to the shop, and are worried they will say something, just plug it back in

Click

You read the wiring diagram.

You make the mod, and note that the bag light is not blinking.

No effect on the bag.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

^^^Correct. The drivers side has 2 connectors, one for aibag and one for seatbelt. The passenger side has both sets of wires going throught the same connector, so Do not do this on the passenger side, just the drivers.

Click

What's wrong with the 20 x in / out method ?

I had it reset a week or so later, without disconnecting the battery. No idea why.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to make the plug in method work. I've tried many times. I actually thought for a while that it might be a snipe hunt. I did this method and voila' no more chime.

BTW I use my seatbelt religiously, as should you. I just get annoyed at how quickly the chimes start.

I had it reset a week or so later, without disconnecting the battery. No idea why.

That POS chime is very sensitive to the power in the battery. If I don't drive my car for 2 weeks or so it'll definitely get reset. (Even if the car starts w/o problem). That time is even shorter during winter.

here in Syracuse, I had that happen today because of the cold. Two weeks ago, I had done the 20x seatbelt thing, but had to do the handbrake too... and the chime went away. Today... it came back. Woe is me...

I wish I could figure out the plugs, but I cannot even see them. Any better pics out there for how to find them and where they are. Even a labeled picture of the top of the driver seat, with marking on it with where the plugs are found underneath would help. I tried looking with a flashlight and mirror but had a hard time getting to the plug area. I am not too interested in removing bolts...

I have a 2006 Legacy wagon (love it!)...

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
What's wrong with the 20 x in / out method ?

Much easier.

I've tried the 20x thingy a few times but ever now and again I still get the chime. Sometimes it doesn't go off sometime it chimes annoyingly. Not sure if the weather has anything to do with it or not, but it's sure really annoying. Might have to go with this method and just unplug the stupid thing.

What really ticks me off is I had my dealer in dallas unhook it for me and it was fine for 2+ years, then I took my car in for the 30k check up here in VA where I live now and they undid it. Then they complained they weren't allowed to turn it off again it was against something or other. The chumps....ARG!!!

finally got around to doing this, me and my buddy did it today, was a pain, i didnt want to remove any bolts to lift seat up, so all it took was a mirror and some patience and we got it. now i just wish i was able ot make the 20 click method work on the passenger side.

• 3 weeks later...