LegacyGT.com

GI: Install Meet

BigInALegacy

Should've put in title, location is in MA!

I'm looking to gauge interest on an install-meet that I mentioned in the Masshole thread. Basically I was looking for some help installing a few parts, and this is what developed, so I'm not against it. Here's some clips from there to bring people up to speed:

Okay, so I've got a stock downpipe that I just finished gutting the cat out of, and a Tru-Cool transmission cooler that I'm looking to install. Only thing is I've never done either of these jobs, and wouldn't mind a hand in putting them on.

I have access to a full garage, complete with lift, compressor, air tools, torches, pretty much the whole 9 yards. If there's anyone local that's willing to gimme a hand with these, it would be greatly appreciated, as I'm already gonna have to shell out the dough for a tune and figured I'd save anywhere I can.

I'm open to having people down to my father's house, only issue is time and space depending on what people wanna do to their cars. I don't wanna promise we'll get all this stuff done for everyone, and then find out we didn't have the time/space to do it all. Like I said there's one lift, and room for one other car in the garage, and the driveway's probably no good for anything requiring the cars be jacked up. That being said, people could do taillight tints, BOV installs, or something like that in the driveway where they don't need solid ground under them.

From what I'm being told, the DP and tranny cooler is about a 3-4hr job (correct me if i'm wrong), so that's gonna eat up a fair amount of time on the lift if thats correct. I've also got a front sway to go on, but I'm more concerned about the engine/tranny stuff first.

If people are really interested, which it seems like they are, I'll run it by my father and see if I can get the garage for a day. From the sound of it, we'd probably have to start pretty early in the AM, and I'm warning you guys up front that it's not close to anything... he lives in the boon docks! :lol:

To give you an idea, actual zip code is 01469... do a mapquest and see how far it is for you. That being said, why don't people start posting if they'd be down or not, and then listing the stuff they'd wanna get done, so I can get a better gauge of what we're getting into.

Of course, even if you've got nothing to install, and just wanna come meet, have some burgers and dogs on the grill, and hang out or lend a hand, that certainly would work as well.

My Install List:

Stock gutted downpipe (extra, already de-catted)

Tru-Cool Transmission Cooler

(If time) Front cusco swaybar

And some more updates:

Yeah it's a long drive probably for most of you. About 1hr+- from most places, including Boston, Nashua, Worcester, basically anywhere :redface: . Do the mapquest and see for yourself though. That being said, it is a pretty nice ride out to these parts, so that's another plus to make it worth it too I suppose.

Haven't had the chance to run this by the old man, he's been in the hospital for the past couple days for a recurring, but severe, stomach bug. (Yes I joked with him it's the swine flu, but no it's not :lol:) He's out now and doing fine, I just haven't had the chance to run it by him.

If this does go down, I would expect people be courteous and respectful (I have no reason to think not, as I've met a handful of you already), but just wanna stress it cuz the old man's a no BS kinda guy and won't hesitate to throw all our arses out if we don't! (including me!!) :lol:;)

Also, depending on if/when we were gonna do the meet, I'm gonna try to get AT LEAST my downpipe on either this weekend or next with my father's help, so that would free up at least an hour or two on the lift for other projects. :D

Date will be pending conversation with my father, and what people's schedules look like, but definitely on a weekend, likely in 2-4 weeks, and probably start in the AM to get as much time as possible. I'll do my best to accomodate everyone's schedule, but unfortunately people have different things going on, so like I said I'll do my best for planning.

So without further ado, post here if your interested or not, and what if anything you're looking to install, and what weekend works best for you so I can get a gauge of who needs what time on the lift/in the garage, and how many heads we'd be having.

Thanks all! :D

can clearing/blacking-out headlights be on the agenda? :rolleyes: (assuming somebody has already done it before... becuz i really dunno how to do it "properly" since there's no 08 step by step tutorial here. ok ok fine... im just chicken. :spin:)

well count me in. im free any weekend any time. if we dont end up cooking headlights, then somebody could help me take out the bottom/side screws holding up my grill. that way when my r-rev grill comes in i only need to deal with the top screws and pop its. =] ill be glad to give you a helping hand or just be the beer boy. lol

um. next weekend might be ok, but i'd only be able to spend 1/2 day. if my wheels come in time, i might be meeting up with rice_rocket to throw these babies on :) other than that, i have nothing to install, could just sit back and watch and partially help.

If I get a stock UP/DP then I can swap it in. I'll have to double check the reading on it... I'm used to working without lifts.. so a nice floor will do har har.

Time is dependent on other schedules for myself too... but set a date and I'll try to make it work.

Subscribe - I've got a few ticky tack things I could do (LED trunk lights, emblem overlays, few fix ups on my grill, etc) that I could do easily in the driveway.

If this de-catting the DP is as easy as its sounds I might be in for that as well, but I don't have my AP yet, and I'd need a tune, right?

And if others were clearing/blacking out their headlights I would definitely join in.

Just wondering, what part of MA will this be in?

I'm in CT... a bit of a ways away, but if this is gonna happen, I may or may not be down for it.

I definitely have some parts I've been wanting to throw on... sway bars, lightweight pulley, also meaning to yank out my headlights and redo my fried angel eyes.

Damnit that's the second time someone's said that

Edit: Wow that's mad far from me, nvm.

i think we mentioned that when we were gonna go to paul's house for a headlight bake-off.

remember?!?! and i thought my memory was bad. :p

Archived