LegacyGT.com

Carbon fiber: How much is too much

JonLGT

Recently I ran over a tire on the interstate and pretty much destroyed my STI V-limited lip for my JDM spec b bumper. Instead of going the cheap or easy route with repairing this, I decided to try my hand at some carbon fiber work. Fast forward a few days and my lip is turning out nicely and I now have more confidence in taking on other exterior pieces. My question is, how much carbon fiber is a tastefull amount? Obviously my Lip will be CF, but I was also thinking about wrapping other parts that I have seen offered before in CF. My main interests are the mirror scalps, B pillar cover, and possibly even a rear window spoiler, or diffuser.

Do you guys think this is too much? Im not looking to add mass amounts of carbon fiber but more like a few touches. Also Does anybody know how to get the faux wood plates off the doors? I want to get rid of the wood.

Personally I think SWP is the best color to put CF on. IMO, mirror scalps, diffuser, lip, grille, window spoiler, all fine. Even a CF hood is contestable as to whether it's too much or not.

I'm not sure I would do the B pillar though... that just sounds awkward...

Saw a white car on the street with a CF roof... it actually kinda caught my eye...

CF is one of those things that you either keep it to smaller trims like you are already or you really make it a part of your look like hood, roof, trunk, rear diffuser. I could even see somebody on here using CF fender flares to stuff a wider wheel

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

Wow nice I will check them out. I am thinking about wrapping the trunk space around my license plate in CF, been talking with Jason (R-Rev) about that but maybe it would be cheaper to do it myself.

He needs to get on that I asked him about it to.

I think subtle trim pieces will be nice. Front lip, B pillar, and rear roof spoiler. That's it. If you do a diffuser, a simple/subtle one in carbon might not be bad. I think the mirror scalps, door handles, hood scoop, etc. would be too much.

just hood scoop would be foolish. i saw two WRX's at Dent Sport Garage when i was getting my tune that had full CF hoods. one was silver and the other was that subaru blue whatever it's called.

i'd have to see it, but i picture the CF exterior door handles as not bad on SWP...cant really notice the pattern till up close.

Archived