LegacyGT.com

03 legacy ej25 swap to ej257 wrx turbo?

hey, just wanted to kno if this swap is possible and worth the time and money. i have an 03 legacy l 2.5l and was thinking about putting the wrx engine in it. im sure it can be done, but i wanna make sure that im not getting in over my head. i had a 90 celica 1.6l and tried puttin the 2.2l motor in it...it was a swap from hell!!!

All engines are interchangeable, the problem is the wiring loom.

yea that was the problem with my celica, but now does anyone kno if they ever made a scooped legacy hood for my year? i swear ive seen them b4, but cant find any online.

You're going to have to look to Japan or Europe for that one. Even the Outback didn't get a scooped hood in the US for those years.

As long as you're doing all the work, you still have two options ... fab up the hood to accept a WRX scoop, or go with FMIC set-up.

You're going to have to look to Japan or Europe for that one. Even the Outback didn't get a scooped hood in the US for those years.

As long as you're doing all the work, you still have two options ... fab up the hood to accept a WRX scoop, or go with FMIC set-up.

yea man, it would look sick the second way, plus i wouldnt be hackin up my hood. thanks

yea that was the problem with my celica, but now does anyone kno if they ever made a scooped legacy hood for my year? i swear ive seen them b4, but cant find any online.

This was all I could find on my search for anything on our Gen Legacy's. To me it's pathetic! To me there should be more out there for our legacy's. :(

http://www.andysautosport.com/subaru/2000_2003_legacy/exterior/hoods/carbon_fiber_hoods/erebuni/

you would have to get a Baja turbo hood to get the scoop, or just get a FMIC.

Archived