LegacyGT.com

Changing Out Backlight In Seat Heater Switch ??

If the seat heater switch is the same style as my 00 Outback, then here's the Radio Shack info to swap the LED in the switch:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484696

The switch is kind of a pain to initially take apart because you have to pry on it some while being careful to not crack the switch housing. LED swap was pretty simply once you can see everything clearly.

If the seat heater switch is the same style as my 00 Outback, then here's the Radio Shack info to swap the LED in the switch:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484696

The switch is kind of a pain to initially take apart because you have to pry on it some while being careful to not crack the switch housing. LED swap was pretty simply once you can see everything clearly.

Good link to NASIOC. The radioshack link doesn't work and the guy never posted the pics on how to do it though. :lol:

Some of you guys are just plain obsessed, lol. Changing seat heater lights?! Dang....

from how I read it, light blew out. If replacing why not go red? If they are LEDs shouldnt have gone out though

Excellent. Thank You for the detailed pics. I thought that the dealer would charge an arm and a leg to do this simple repair, thus why I asked.

By the way, why does subaru.com not show the 2008 Legacy Limited wagon on their web site ?? I am a Canadian contemplating buying one in Bellingham WA, but can't see any legacy wagon infor ??

By the way, why does subaru.com not show the 2008 Legacy Limited wagon on their web site ?? I am a Canadian contemplating buying one in Bellingham WA, but can't see any legacy wagon infor ??

They discontinued the Legacy wagon here in the states. You'd have to get a Canadian one if you really wanted the '08.

• 2 years later...
Damn, well i tried it, lol even tried a few different LED's...... guess who is buying a new switch THIS GUY, i really wish i could change the color to match the interior a little bit more, anyone by any chance have any luck with this?

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

• 1 year later...
Tried again using some SMD's i aquired, didnt work again, i am probably going to keep trying until the board is fried....... or i just lose interest.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

• 2 years later...
Bump.

Would like to know how this is coming along. Most of the pictures in the original walk through are no longer working as well.

Although most of the thumbnails in the linked writeup don't seem to work, all of the pictures seem to be present if you click on empty space to expand to the full size picture.

Btw, the lights involved seem to be micro incandescent rather than LED.

Archived