LegacyGT.com

Under seat amplifier

Chrisbl

Hi everyone..

My little audio-build is almost finished, but I have some details that I'm not especially satisfied with.

I chose to put my amplifier under the passenger seat instead of in the trunk, and the amp fits in nicely. However, I'm having trouble figuring how to securely mount the amp. As of now, its just lieing there and I'm not sure thats a good idea once its connected to the battery.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount this without having to drill new holes into the car?

1. Remove seat.

2. Remove trim along front and rear door sill as well as lower B-pillar trim panel.

3. Fold carpet back.

4. Cut 1/2" ply or MFD board slightly larger than amplifier foot print.

5. Apply liquid nails (it doesn't take much) to underside of wood and place on bare floor and let setup for a couple of hours.

6. Fold carpet back over board and secure amp to board, making sure screws are just long enough to not penetrate THROUGH the board.

7. Reassemble.

Small holes in carpet will never be visible if/when amp is removed and board under carpet will be undetectable.

or do what I did.

Run wires to under seat. Attach to amp. Slide under seat. Forget about it.

There aren't many amps that are thin enough to fit under the seat. Adding 1/2" of anything isn't gonna make it easier

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Yeah.. leave it, seriously, how much acceleration do you think you have to actually move that amp when it's hooked up to wires? I had 3 amps at my disposal when I did my install, and none of them fit, so I had no choice but to put it in the trunk.

I'd just throw it in and call it a day, velcro if anything.

I just left it there. Figured its a waste of time trying to mount it anyway. It's too wide to slide around and even if I crash it would probably not be able to fly away from where its sitting.. :)

Archived