LegacyGT.com

New rota Tarmac 3 (another prodrive replica)

Mines

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it has something to do with the patent being in another country.

That's what I think, too. I remember hearing that its difficult to make claims in regards to international copyright/patent issues when it is cross-border. Plus, the culture of litigation is different between other countries.

-Mike-

So, how is the design different?

The face of the wheel is different. The Rota has a much sharper angle where the spokes meet the center, whereas the BBS has a smoother transition. The Rota center is more like the BBS RE found on the S203 (18x.8.5").

-Mike-

If you have to ask, then you don't deserve BBS wheels and should get Rotas. not that Rotas are bad wheels, but if you can't tell the difference make yourself happy with the cheap ones.

Ignorance is bliss.

I'm the one saying that Rota copied the BBS RE.

Do you agree that Rota copied the BBS RE or the BBS RE found on the S203.

I guess the Rota design team sat down and came up with their design from scratch.

If you believe that then your dreaming.

it was copied from the BBS RE S203... nevertheless Im sure even the slightest subtle difference is probably enough.

To the BBS RE, the Rota looks quite different. To the RE S203... Im sure there are differences in spoke thickness etc... all subtle though.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

guys, relax. it's not just rota. there are tons of wheel companies that make wheels that look alike.

montegi racing 7

ALT "Seven"

Advan Model 7

Koennig Tantrum

they're all the damned same! it's not just rota, its' the entire industry.

dR

Archived