LegacyGT.com

STI intercooler

Legdude

buddy of mine just got a fmic for his 04 sti, so hes selling his top mount cheap. Its in good nick, with no major fin damage. anyway, I want to know how hard / easy this is to mount up to my 07 spec b. would I need an sti manifold ? I was looking into getting one sometime in the future, along with gutting the tumblers and getting a tune. Im sticking with the top mount because I dive this car everyday, rain, snow or shine, and ill destroy a fmic in a matter of 10 K knowing my luck.

This has been discussed heavily on here but you need the STi manifold along with some other parts. Its not a swap for the average Joe.

Just get a Perrin or AVO TMIC, you can see plenty of power gains with those. The limiting factor to power will be the stock fuel system not the TMIC.

Both Praedet (05 LGT wagon) and I (08 Spec B) did the STI manifold conversion. Not a simple switch and not cheap but if done correctly is a nice unique set up that IMO looks stock

I was going to do a simple VF39 w/STI TMIC set up but decided to go BIG (FP Green HTA w/3" inlet, APS TMIC, Grimmspeed manifold w/crosspipe, TGV deletes, etc...). I believe the 05 - 07 conversion is a little easier because the lack of the various emissions start up air pumps but still well over $1800 in awap out parts are needed.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/JaeandNoelle/P5011766.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/JaeandNoelle/P5011767.jpg

yeah, your set up is what im looking to do to my legacy. I'd like to get within the ball park of my old sti, and your right about the stock look, it really does look factory. Since this is going to require an sti manifold ill just hold out and pick up a larger APS or god speed STI tmic vs the stock sti one. What size injectors are you running 650's?

Archived