LegacyGT.com

NC Tuning?

29Sultan

New member here. I have a 05LGT that the turbo was about to go out on. I sent the core to Bryan at BNRSupercars for the EVO 16G upgrade. I also ordered a K&N Typhoon air filter kit.

Can anyone recommend a shop I can go to for tuning in the Charlotte or Lake Norman area? I also ride mtn bikes in Asheville a lot so that is another option.

Thanks!

42autosports in Concord on Church Street. Steven Rankins owns and operates it. It is basically Boxer4racing south. Just kidding, Steven has Dale from boxer4 come down when he can get enough people together and do tunes right there next to his shop by Dale and him.

www.42autosports.com

Steven has worked on my 08 LEggy Spec B and Dale from Boxer4 has done all of the work on my wifes 07 Sti.

Ive seen the dyno's motion labs has been putting out....they make good power but they are pushing alot of boost and there isnt much information about who their tuner is.

that combination of things makes me nervous.

42autosports in Concord on Church Street. Steven Rankins owns and operates it. It is basically Boxer4racing south. Just kidding, Steven has Dale from boxer4 come down when he can get enough people together and do tunes right there next to his shop by Dale and him.

www.42autosports.com

Steven has worked on my 08 LEggy Spec B and Dale from Boxer4 has done all of the work on my wifes 07 Sti.

Just talked to these guys. Around $600 for a tune?! :eek:

I think I will just drive to Asheville and mountain bike around Black Mtn while I am up there...

Just talked to these guys. Around $600 for a tune?! :eek:

I think I will just drive to Asheville and mountain bike around Black Mtn while I am up there...

Sorry 29sultan wasn't sure on steven's pricing on tuning. I'm sure Dale will take care of u in ashville/ blck mntn. I will say this research is always the best method before u buy anything and the cheapest is not always the best.

They are both my friends so I suggested them.

Hope the best for you and your car.

Good info to know guys. I live in Hickory NC and looking for a tuner myself. I talked to Todd at Motion lab and waiting for a quote on some mods. I've also heard good things about 3sx in Concord (3sx.com) and plan to check them out also. 29Sultan, let me know if you find out any other places.

Thanks!

Will do. I am going to order a Walbro fuel pump on Friday. The guy working in my car said he would install it for an additional $70. I can't wait to get my car back. I was hoping to get it back and have it tuned before I went up to DC on business but I don't think that is going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I know a guy that was a real good customer where I worked and he had a built 300zx. (and I don't me lightly built either, I think he was putting down north of 7.) Anyway, he got a bad oil pump bracket from nissan and (the flow port was never finished, but you couldn't tell by just looking at it) he had gotten it put back together. Then took it to draco and they never once checked for oil pressure before seizing it. That's my one and only experience with draco. Not saying that is how they alway conduct business, but it doesn't look good to me. I don't know if they ever compensated him for the problem which they worsened, or if it was just chalked up to a learning experience, but in my years around cars you always check for oil pressure first and foremost when starting for the first time.

Archived