LegacyGT.com

Need Help with Logs/ boost leak?

sodium303

Alright, i am in process of tuning and i had a boost leak on my top mount and on the inlet as well; all post MAF. I went ahead and pressurized my system and found a few leaks via smoke test and soapy water. Fixed all what i have found so far and zip tied all vacuum hoses.

I am not totally sure what to look at on my log to see if i still have a boost leak? I reset my ECU this morning and only hitting 10 psi on the base map. Did 2 pulls, one WOT on 2nd gear and another in 3rd gear. This boost leak has been driving me up a wall :spin:

Here are my mods:

FMS TMIC

VF52

INVIDA CATLESS DP

GMS INLET

AP ACCESS PORT

GMS CBE

here are the logs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133IU7QTDtCKY8nZYR_MnVqD5bhf0WDr1BjAn3QYLFAU/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11U6uoaTHk5DV1YFhONAGNcE3eJNFcCaP79YTYN914qU/edit?usp=sharing

@need bb is saying your datalog sampling rate should be higher. It's currently around 3 samples / sec. Check for firmware updates w/ the AP connected to a computer and Accessport Manager running. The sampling rate was dramatically increased via a somewhat recent firmware update. Both my older AP2 and current AP3 are yielding ~10-11 samples / sec on the latest firmware for each unit, with 12-14 parameters being logged.

Based on your Boost and TD Boost Error values in your 3rd gear log, it looks like peak target boost is ~14.4 psi b/n 3000 and 4200 rpm. TD Boost Error is indicating you're below target boost by 4-4.7 psi in that rpm range.

Your WGDC at boost transition and peak torque (2800-3500 rpm) is only like 25.5%, which seems pretty low to me. This might not be the best point of comparison, but the 2005 LGT/OBXT Cobb Stg 2 91ACN OTS map has boost targets that are only 1 psi higher than your datalog shows, yet WGDC Low are 61.25% in the 2800-3600 rpm range (WGDC High is 69.23% in the same rpm range).

Is your current tune intended to be power producing or is it closer to an initial base map?

Your 2nd gear datalog shows somewhat high negative fuel trims -- AF Learning 1A and 1C, which are -6% and -9% respectively. IIRC post-MAF vac leaks usually present with high/pegged positive 1A while I believe boost leaks tend to show up in the higher airflow ranges (1C or 1D for example) with large-ish negative values. Add AF Learning 1D to your logging parameters and do a quick idle datalog to see what the 1D trim looks like. A value there will carry into open loop/WOT unless your tuner has specifically disabled the 1D trim.

It is targeted to be a base map, I had thought i fixed most of my leaks that i found but i still think i may be leaking at the BPV since i do hear a high whistling sound once i hit more psi of boost. What i logged is what the tuner had asked to log.

Archived