LegacyGT.com

No rear wiper?

I saw the pictures of the guy that took delivery of a GT, [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=563222[/url] I was suprised to see no rear wiper on the sedan after all the pictures of the B4 with it included. I have to admit it really interrupted the smooth lines of the vehicle but it would have been nice to have when it snows.

The USDM just hasn't been a priority for them, on sedans anyhow. ;) Most of the pics on the USDM Need-Desire site aren't pics of our models. That might explain a few things. It's in the itsy bitsy print.

I have a rear wiper on my sedan (an Evo), and it does NOT get in the way at all! I absolutely love having it there! I can't believe that people drive without them. It is not really a need when you are moving quickly, but when you are in city traffic and it's raining, or you are performing parking maneuvers, it definitely helps.

I knew the rear wiper wouldn't make it (though, I wanted it to). The WRX's rear wiper didn't make it either so I'm not exactly surprised. RAIN-X just isn't worth it to me, having to reapply every few months isn't worth the time/money. Rain-x forces you to reapply because it leaves a smeary residue behind until you reapply. High quality wipers work just fine for me, I say NO to windshield crack.

Well I have to admit for me Rain-X is fantastic, I more or less apply everytime I was the car and I have it down to a fine art that only takes a few minutes. The product is fantastic as long as u are doing over 100kmh (60mph) otherwise it doesnt work to great. Under 60kmh the wipers have to come on. A lot of the V8Supercars here in Australia use it when racing and it has worked well but do agree, it has to be reapplyed a lot to keep best results. A helmet tearaway system could be pretty cool ! :o

For me, its no biggy to not see out the back window when its raining unless u are doing under 60 or slower. As you speed up, the natural rake of the back window and the aerodynamics of the car clear the glass very quickly. Again RainX could be a quick fix solution. Can you install the wiper as a option or aftermarket part ?

[quote name='agctr']For me, its no biggy to not see out the back window when its raining unless u are doing under 60 or slower. As you speed up, the natural rake of the back window and the aerodynamics of the car clear the glass very quickly. Again RainX could be a quick fix solution. Can you install the wiper as a option or aftermarket part ?[/quote] Probably but why would you want to? It would be a pain to install the mister (if its possible to), and the control knob for it will look ugly as it won't be a Subie part. Unless you where going to open the steering column and replace the one in there with one from europe.... much more hassle than what its worth.

I don't think the difficulty will be what stops me panos. The cost is my main concern. For the WRX, the average cost is $650 for glass and wiper. Wagon wiper switch $40 from dealer. People have done the rear wiper mod before, as shown here: [url]http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3086[/url]

I have to agree with DM, if the option is there go for it. Its a piece of trick kit and it would have yr ride stand out a bit more. An NO, it wouldnt look more like a Camry from behind..... nuf said ... !

Archived