LegacyGT.com

A/C Condenser #3

So after my 3rd ac condenser in 2 years I'm starting to think this wide open gaping mouth on my bumper is in need of some chicken wire. I have been looking around on the forum but its all about grills, any DIY for wiring up the bumper? This condenser target practice is not working out for me. I love the anticipation of cold air and wasting money on cans of r134a just to realize your 3rd condenser in under 2 years is already busted...... Is there a recall, how the hell did they make a car that has its radiator and condenser so vulnerable especially at high speeds which this car was made to do... i'll overlook this design flaw Subaru... just this once...

Most cars have stuff in the way, like parts of the bumper. You look through the opening in bumper and its just there, most cars arent made that way, with your condenser and radiator wide open to anything that comes through the bumper. I have a benz m350, vw rabbit, and volvo xc90, not one of them have anything exposed to such a degree. A baseball can fly through the opening on our cars.

I'm just going to put a mesh there and problem solved. Looks like i drill holes and use zipties. Anyone know where to get very tight linked mesh?

I think lowes has some in the screen door section. The Jeep guys use it to protect the radiators, works well. Be careful cutting it though, it tends to swing back and slice like a razor blade!

Archived