LegacyGT.com

Choices, Choices!

jri

Getting time to replace my 05 Outback, 2.5i MT. So far I have driven:

11 STI Sedan

11 WRX Sedan

11 Legacy 3.6

I love the distinctive flat four rumble, but found the STI and WRX too loud for my daily drive highway commute. I've heard the hatch versions are quieter, but haven't driven one yet.

I have also been unable to drive a Legacy GT, and would appreciate it if someone can describe the exhaust note; is the flat four rumble noticeable, or is it totally muted? Ideally, I'd like a rumble at about half the decibels of the WRX.... Maybe I'm just getting old :(

Of course, like many the car I really want doesn't exist in North America, a Legacy GT Wagon.

Thanks!

John.

I don't know anyone who says a stock WRX or STi is too loud...

The LGT will definitely be quieter.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Good point on insurance, hadn't thought about that.

I also understand the oxymoron comment, I haven't articulated my concern very well.

I'll try again, love the tone and pitch of the WRX sound, just not the volume. After an extended highway test drive (75 mph), my ears hurt. I also need to make phone calls during my commute, which would be very difficult at that noise level.

John.

Good point on insurance, hadn't thought about that.

I also understand the oxymoron comment, I haven't articulated my concern very well.

I'll try again, love the tone and pitch of the WRX sound, just not the volume. After an extended highway test drive (75 mph), my ears hurt. I also need to make phone calls during my commute, which would be very difficult at that noise level.

John.

The Legacy 3.6s are very quiet in the cabin. Mine came with Bluetooth (Ltd) and the lack of noise makes it much easier for folks I'm talking to hear what I'm saying without me having to yell.

The Legacy will prob be the cheapest insurance wise, but I don't know how much the difference will be. Go to Geico.com and get quotes for yourself with the 3 cars &see. -Disclaimer: I have Geico ins. BUT I say go there cause you can get an honest quote without a lot of hassle(dealing with sales people). Also we had state farm before we switched and we're paying about half of what we were.

Archived