LegacyGT.com

radiator fan running at startup?

Is this common on the 05s with Auto trannies? When the car is started and in park, the radiator fan runs until a gear other than park is selected. Kind of annoying and no reason for it to happen that I can see.

Happens on both cold start and warm start

I had a similar issue, but I have MT. The dealer noticed that my radiator fan was running constantly no matter if the car was just started or has been running for a while; it would not cycle on and off. This was actually a recall, they replaced my ECU (no charge, covered by SOA) but they needed all of my keys and fobs so that they could reprogram them.

Meh.. parked running car = generating heat but no cooling happening.. Gotta have the fan to pull air over the radiator otherwise you get bad things happening. Could also have something to do with the turbo engines; I wonder if the std. 2.5i does the same?

^^^ .. or it could be a bad ECU.

I had a similar issue, but I have MT. The dealer noticed that my radiator fan was running constantly no matter if the car was just started or has been running for a while; it would not cycle on and off. This was actually a recall, they replaced my ECU (no charge, covered by SOA) but they needed all of my keys and fobs so that they could reprogram them.

yes... check the dealer;)

I know the recall is for manual trannies, has there been any cases documented of this happening in auto's as well? Need to verify if they remain on at all times. FYI on cold start the fans are on high. Sounds like a jet in my driveway when she leaves for work in the morning.

Archived