LegacyGT.com

Stop Tech 309.10780

Al Thomson

Looking for some info regarding Stop Tech brake pads 309.10780. Which many sites say fit our GT cars. Now Amazon claim they don't fit and list a long delivery.

Amazon is suggesting part 309.09290 which I can't find listed on the Centric site for any vehicle.

Thanks, Al

I wouldn't use those pads (the street performance compound) if your car is a DD and are planning to drive in the winter.

I ran them for a year and had to toss them and the rotors because of major corrosion spalling of the rotor friction surface. There were literally inch long sections that were pitted nearly a 1/16" deep.

They would not maintain any sort of transfer film (with reasonable street driving) once temps were near zero and even during warm weather, what transfer film did form corroded (or caused corrosion of the rotors) far faster than any other pad I've ever used. It wasn't the ambient humidity either. I'd park my car next to the wife's. Within hours my rotors would be covered in rust while her's would be clean for days.

For what it is worth, I've run Hawk HPS, Axis Metal Masters, AEM/Nissin, PBR ultimates, Akenbono proACT and countless box store pads (on various vehicles). Not one of them caused the sort of rotor destruction I experienced with the stoptechs. At the moment I have proACTs on the front of the legacy and stoptech's on the rear. While parked, the stoptech end rusts overnight while the proACT end remains normal looking for days. As soon as I have some free time I'll be ditching the rear stoptechs.

i have their stage 2 kit with the slotted rotors and the street performance pads. i have had them for almost a year and have no corrosion problems, and they work fine. i do like in CA and sit at 30-50% humidity and it does not really get bellow 30f.

Centric cryo Rotors and the Stop Tech pads fitted Saturday afternoon. One seized pin on drivers side caliper. Some PB Blaster filled by some new grease and were all good.

So far, and just a 100 miles or so, and the pair are a nice match. Good stopping power, clean and sharp.

Hope these rotors can hold upto the 127k of the originals.

• 4 months later...

Archived