LegacyGT.com

Time to post your favorite interior detailing products!

What do you like to use for the Trim? Know of anything that makes it shine and smell good? Anyone have any favorite products? Post em here!

I have used this Lucas oil "Slick Mist" interior detailer, it smells pretty good, cleans pretty good, it just has no shine and I don't feel like it makes anything look "New" per say or shiny, just clean and smells nice.

To clean the seats really well, I found "Resolve" preteat for the washing machine, and the Bissle "little green machine" works azamingly.

The seats on my wagon haven't looked this clean in ages. The stains in the GF's truck that we paid to have removed by a Professional detail please, that they got some of them out, but this past weekend I sprayed her drivers seat which had chlorine stains from sitting there with a wet bathing suit, which have been there for years, came right out after letting the Resolve do it thing for 5 minutes. Then use the little green machine.

Look it up on line.

https://www.google.com/#q=little+green+machine

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I bought a bottle of Armor All's new line of protectants with air fresheners in them and have been pretty pleased. It isn't greasy or problematic at all. I like using it on the lower parts of the doors and center console and then use a protectant I'm more comfortable with on the dash and parts that are exposed to more UV and other things that can damage them over time. Don't avoid Armor All just because it is "armor all". Most of the bad reputation they earned and deserved in the 90s has been resolved. It isn't terrible stuff now and this new line actually smells pretty darn good.

The other thing I like to use is Wolfgang or Pinnacle leather conditioner. Mainly it is because it smells like leather and leaves the inside smelling great. Anything which works well and smells good gets stars in my book. However, for perforated leather I'm still a fan of Poorboy's Leather Stuff. It is a gel leather cleaner/conditioner and doesn't gum up the perforations like most conditioners do.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Aerospace 303 from what I've heard is great stuff. Need to get my hands on that. Meg's Hyper Dressing, that's what I'm using at the moment. And that is if dressing in the interior is required. I'm more into natural clean looks, so just Chemical Guys Inner Clean or Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel for me...in fact I hate the shining greasiness of most of the dressings out there.

I like 303, but it is a little pricey and not something that I use on a regular basis.

Thanks to OCDetails I use Mequiar's Quik Interior Detailer every couple of weeks, it is not greasy, has a nice matt finish, and it easy to find and inexpensive. Also, I use a California Mini Duster just to keep up with the dust and lint as my car has a black interior which looks great when clean but show every speck of dust.

• 1 month later...
303, believe it or not, is too shiny for me. I use Poorboys Natural Look Dressing.

This has always been my favorite. Even that can be a bit shiny depending on how it's applied. But follow up about a half hour later with another wipe down with a clean microfiber and it's fantastic.

As for smell, that's a pretty subjective measure. I'm ok with the scent of Natural Look, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find the scent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived