LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine worked great for several months- in fact it was the only part of my carpc experience that was 100% solid. But last week the left channel audio went out. I checked the end of the cable at the PC, and it doesn't run the left channel even when connected to my phone. So when I get time I'll start back-tracking the cable to the device.

Glad to see you are making another batch though. : )

Installed last night - took about 2 1/2 hours start to finish, although I still need to properly mount the switch since I didn't have an appropriate hole saw.

Works awesome - I should have done it two years ago - thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm asking myself if I should order parts or not. Let me explain a little. I started the project back in 2008, I've sold many units since then. But now, our cars are old farts, so not many much new request for the modules.

What do you think? Should I take the risk to order parts or not? I don't have the choice to order a good quantity of parts to lower my costs. But I don't want to stay with plenty of unsold boards. Also, I'm missing free time to build and test units...

If I decide to order parts, I will have to have at least 10 buyers that will pay in advance to cover the base costs.

Any suggestions from the community?

I am one of those buyers lined up so I completely hope that you do decide to order the parts. Its pretty much up to you man. Its your time to make the boards, and I'm not sure how much you make off each board so it might not be worth it to you anymore. I hope you continue to make them because I am really dying without an aux-in but at the same time I understand if you choose not to. Just do what you feel is right man.

I think to cover your bases, you need to ask guys to pre-order.

However, as far as our models being old farts... I think more people are willing to modify older cars rather than brand new ones. The market may still exist, even if orders slow down.

Good luck Sebastien. My board was from your second round of production, and it's been great!

• 2 weeks later...
Also a thing to consider. These cars are becoming cheaper. Older people (and i use that term loosely) who had the gt's/outbacks/2.5i's did not have ipods or aux in devices and did not care for an aux in. Now that teenagers and a younger crowd can afford them, i belive that there is an opening market for this product.

Plus you always have me, who has had one for about 2 years now and it is still in my desk drawer uninstalled. And could most likely be persuaded to sell it since I am obviously never going to get around to doing it.
It is still ugly.

To all, no I'm not dead or in jail, I'm just too busy at work and with the family these days.

However, I'm planning time next weekend to build new units since I have ordered new parts. I'll have boards ready next week! My website is updated so that I can take new orders again.

The kit is the same as before, same price, 115$ CAD shipped anyware in the US.

Thanks to all!

Edited by RedFloyd

UP! Don't hesitate to order now, the kits are ready to fly!

I am still waiting for some type of shipping conformation, ordered it two days ago.

I'm PMing you the same info.

*EDIT*

Got she shipping info last night.

Edited by Screamin

Just got my unit yesterday. Ordered on the 18th. Super excited to try this on my day off.

EDIT:

So I installed it today and mounted the switch in the suggested spot. But I think I might have messed up somewhere. If I have the switch set to AUTO or ON, the radio is on under my ipod. If I switch it to OFF there is no radio at all. Also I can't get my CD player to work.

Anyone have an idea on where I messed up at? I would like to know the problem before I tear it all out again.

Edited by three11

Like remove the swtich completely? So it would just be set to AUTO? No I didn't try that. I did however pull it apart again and double check to make sure everything was correctly inserted and it all looked good. My solder point looked good to me, it was only in contact with that one part.

I'll have a look at it again tomorrow.