LegacyGT.com

Another 2005 MY Recall

Hopefully that air bag will get replaced...and they can tighten up the rattle in the dash a lot of these cars have.

Oh, Thanks for posting that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Christ... the last thing I want is the dealer ripping out the entire dash. It'll bug me forever wondering if a screw is missing from something. I guess I'll have to return the radio back to stock so that the slightly custom wiring doesn't confuse them.

• I Donated Too
I don't know what they will make of my car either... I can't imagine they will be happy at all with all the guages, methanol, JDM dash and wiring either, but am I prepared for red hot pieces of metal flying at me either?

Ugh... all of the wiring i've done so far, that'll absolutely confuse the hell out of whomever is working on my car. Plus I hate letting porters drive my car, I know plenty of people that are porters that can't drive stick even remotely well.

I don't have an official recall listed under my VIN yet, i'll wait and see I guess. :rolleyes:

I'm torn by this. I really don't want to let a dealership touch my car..

Yeah. The last recall (a relay) I actually just bought the new part myself and replaced it at home.

No chance of that here.

In all reality we have seen a ton of 05 LGT crashes over the years on this board where air bags have been deployed and have never seen this type of failure. I won't loose sleep over it.

Me either. I'll definitely be sleeping tight-ly.

Archived