LegacyGT.com

Humming noise

I posted this on my local Subaru forum as well to see what they thought. Anyways, on my way to work tonight I started to hear a humming noise after getting off a not well maintained road with LOTS of filled potholes. It sounds like its coming from the front driver wheel area. its nothing in the engine as i rev the gas a bit and don't hear it but when i'm cruising with the throttle off and out of gear i hear it. Its a slight noise between the 5 and 15 mph range but after that it starts to get a little more excessive. Could this be a wheel bearing?

I will update the thread on my way home from work at 8am Central time...I'm just hoping its gone (fingers crossed)

alright then. Thanks again Max Capacity, you seem to answer all of my questions on this site (unless I answer it myself). lol

Next question then would be are these covered under the 100K mile warranty, I believe I saw somewhere on here the rears are covered? Maybe? Hopefully?

Your welcome. I don't know everything, but I try and help when I can.

Yes they should be covered till 100,000 miles. That was something Subaru did back a few years ago.

I'm not sure if the fronts are covered for 100,000 miles. I had my first wheel bearing go Jan of this year, 140,000 miles it was the left front.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

alright, well from the MySubaru.com website...here is what the Powertrain warranty covers. I guess I'll just give my local dealership a call here in the next few days to check it out.

"Powertrain Limited Warranty

Coverage: 5 Years / 60,000 Miles

The components in your Subaru that are part of the powertrain are covered for a period of 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Defective parts will be repaired, or, at the option of SOA or your authorized Subaru dealer, replaced with a new or remanufactured part without charge to you for labor or materials.

The powertrain components include the major parts of the engine, transaxle and differential. A complete list of the covered parts, along with important details concerning coverages, limitations and your responsibilities under this warranty can be found in your Subaru Warranty and Maintenance Booklet. Please read your booklet carefully. If you're not sure about whether a specific failure on your Subaru is covered, your Subaru dealer will be able to inspect your vehicle and answer any questions you have."

Yes, that is the standard coverage. There was a big thing a few years back, the wheel bearings are covered for 100,000 miles.

There is alway a legal judgment against Subaru for the odometer in 2005 amd may 2006 Legacy's. Something about they read fast. So the 60,000 mile coverage is now good till like 64,257 or something like that.

I believe there is also extented coverage on the cat's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived