LegacyGT.com

Subaru more reliable than Toyota!

el scorcho

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/16/autos/cr_reliability/index.htm?postversion=2007101613

NEW YORK, CNNMoney.com -- The Toyota brand has lost its top position for iron-clad reliability, according to an influential Consumer Reports survey released Tuesday.

The survey dropped Toyota from first to fifth place - behind Honda, Acura, Scion and Subaru - in average vehicle reliability. The rankings are based on average predicted reliability for all models sold under a given brand.

:eek:

^^^^ They noted that in the article.^^^^^

Surprising!

I know they had issues with the new tundra, but what gives about the camry? That's news to me.

Then again, it helps subaru to have different platforms with (relatively) similar drivetrains.... then the differences start to appear in electronics primarily. pretty cool stuff. :)

There was more mention of what isn't in the top five than what is in the top five. I cannot stand it when there is a "rankings system" and there isn't a list of all the rankings numerically. These types of articles are like mathematical word problems.

Shyt article, but interesting none-the-less.

I've been hearing for a while now that Toyota's reliability was falling (internet babble) but it's interesting to see it's fallen so far.

Doesn't really bother me one way or the other though, I have never before, and never plan to in the future own a Toyota.

Grats to Subaru though for moving up a notch.

I had read on some boards where the re-designed Avalon (2006 - current) was having transmission issues. I think its was gear-hunting and some hard upshifts/downshifts. Obviously this is the same engine/trans setup as the V6 Camry, but I had not seen where this was a problem with other vehicles in the line up besides those 2.

Anyone know about Toyota sales numbers? Meaning, is it possible that not as many Rav4 V6's have been sold as Avalons or Camrys where there just may not have been quite as many consumer complaints yet? I bet CR dings other Toyota V6 vehicles next year if Toyota doesn't seriously address this problem. They act they they don't know what CR is even talking about.

The least reliable car of all, according to Consumer Reports survey, is General Motors' Pontiac Solstice sports car. Its reliability was calculated to be 234 percent worse than average. It was followed closely by GM's Cadillac Escalade EXT, which is calculated to be 220 percent less reliable than the average vehicle.

as a toyota fan i can tell u exactly when toyota started going downhill, after 1985, rose a good bit and was strong in the 90s, where there new 3.3 came out (3mzfe) they had the same problems with it as the toyotas of old, headgaskets, also the interior went to shit after the 96 camry, and got nice again for the new boat bodys ( 02-up)

when toyota started getting interior marterials made in america (1994) thats when the quality slowly started going to crap in the interior

when they dropped all there engine they had made for 10+ years, then they had to start all over again, (i used to be a toyota tech, i replaced many a motor)

then cars start getting cheaper overall so then toyota had to save cost even more so they bring out a cheaper line of cars but now they have 3 branches, its a mess

toyota=lexus and scion.

In the previous V6 they had some serious issues with engine sludge and I believe there was a recall. The problem on the new engine seems to be related to the 6 speed transmission and they have had some TSB's to fix it but its still an on going problem.

Toyota Recalling Camry

The newest edition of the Toyota Camry is being recalled for a problem with the transmission. The problem, Toyota says, involved only a half-percent of Camrys built thus far for the 2007 model year. The new six-speed automatic transmission could lose second and sixth gear during operation. Toyota told Reuters the vehicle still will operate even if the gears are lost, and that the problem usually happens within the first 500 miles of use.

Its probably all smoke. People are probably just having a hard time getting used to the programming of the tranny. All eyes are on Toyota now and even with this glitch they are no way near as bad as GM with their problems or Ford with their exploding trucks. When you have a clean suit on its easy to spot the dirt, when your suit is as filthy as Ford's more dirt isn't a big deal lol :D

Archived