LegacyGT.com

Clutch Help Me Choose

ecw

ACT's are a bit heavy and damper daily driving and the lightweight flywheel certainly won't help with that either.

I'd recommend the following for easy daily driving, and stock clutch pedal feel.

Clutchmasters FX300 with OEM WRX singlemass flywheel.

I'd recommend picking up a TSK3 snout kit as well.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I just got my Clutchmasters FX300 installed last night. I wish this clutch had come stock on the car. Mine took a little extra work and I had to use Exedy's LWFW instead of the singlemass that I originally chose. Not sure of the weight diff between the SMFW and the exedy but the LWFW actually isn't too bad. I wouldn't like it if I had to deal with alot of bumper to bumper. the pedal feel on that FX300 is butter soft(not mushy) and smoother than stock. LOVE IT!!!!

That LWFW feels like it really frees up some power doesn't it? I'm only stg 2 but MAN!!! Feels like turbo spools a tad sooner too. It's giving me the same feeling from going bone stock to my stg 1 AP tune. I researched FOREVER, ECW for a clutch/FW combo. I read all diff reviews and others experiences. Bottom line, I know ACT makes a good product, but now that I have this fx300/exedy.......I'd do it again in a heartbeat. No noise, great pedal feel, easy to drive, clutch engages near half pedal out from floor. It does grab fairly quickly, but not to where you can't slightly slip it when on an incline.

I'm currently having bad problems with my ACT HDSS and ACT LWFW. Heaviest clutch I've ever felt, honestly. But the big problem is it started slipping before I ever even had it broken in, at 600 miles! It's coming out next week, hope it's defective in some way. Don't really want to spend another $1400!! Looks like the FX300 gets nothing but cheers on the forum. Probably go with that or the Spec2+. Guess I'm gonna use my ACT flywheel if it's good. I'd rather go with an OEM WRX, but that's just more money.

Archived