LegacyGT.com

'07 Spec B interior swap into '05

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
'06 might have a couple different connectors, too!

Connectors aren't the same on the bottom. Airbag light and seat belt light will show up. The 05 has the box on the seat and 06 and up don't. 05 the seat belt is on the seat above the power controls where 06 it's on the floor. Depending on state you won't pass safety with the airbag light on. Nobody buckles seat belts to see if the seat belt light turns off tho...

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone who's interested in this project that currently has cloth, they're not spec-b, but I have a set of black leather seats out of an 08' gt. Fronts and rear, rear seat has the center swivel bracket included.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been thinking lately about doing this and I'm just curious as to where I could find me some spec b seats. I was thinking about checking some salvage yards, but I figure there is a slim chance I'll have any luck. Can anyone help me here?

• 5 weeks later...

Chad,

Anymore detail on the installation of the passenger seat? Specifically dealing with the airbag and or seat belt lights?

My understanding of your write up:

1. remove back from cloth non power base

2. remove back from leather power base

3. remove cover from both bases

4. remove corner sensors and module from cloth base

5. remove liquid sensors and module from leather base

6. install cloth base corner sensors and module on leather power base

7. replace cover, reinstall leather back

8. connect plugs, bolt in seat.

Is that how you did it or did you put the non power seat frame (with sensor and foam) on to the powered chasis?:confused:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/Seat%20swap/DSC05312.jpg

This is what you need from your passenger seat. The base with all the electronic goodies and sensors and shit. The cushion, cover, seat back, etc will work with that. I'm still looking for an '05 power seat in black so I can get rid of my airbag light.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I drove around with the airbag light on for several years before finally buying a seat and swapping the guts. It still doesn’t fit like I want it to, so I’ll eventually take it to an interior shop and have them fit it.

Thanks! Sounds like I am up shits creek. I don't want to drive with someone in the passenger seat without the passenger airbags working, and my dumb ass already threw out the old tan leather seats that came in the car that had no issues other than being tan! Looks like I am on the hunt for tan or black leather GT seats now from only 05

I originally tried doing the covers of the 08 seats on the 05 frame, but wasn't liking how it was coming out either, guess I should have spent more time with that rather than just tossing them....

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

• 5 months later...

Hey, I just swapped the interior from an 08 SpecB into an 08 LGT. Anyone familiar with swapping the keyed locking mechanism located on the top of the rear folding seat releases from one set of seats to the other?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk