LegacyGT.com

GTO Vs. Mustang Vs. Spec B

So, I am in the market to Trade in my 06 GTO for either a 09 GT, Spec B or Mustang GT.

I also drive an Outback and love it.

Apart from the shocks, 6 speed transmission and the nav system (which I think is way over priced, what are the other advantages of the Spec B?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I am in the market to Trade in my 06 GTO for either a 09 GT, Spec B or Mustang GT.

I also drive an Outback and love it.

Apart from the shocks, 6 speed transmission and the nav system (which I think is way over priced, what are the other advantages of the Spec B?

The spec b over the gt has :

18" wheels

decent oem summer tires

Bilstein suspension as well as some aluminum components

Limited slip rear dif

VDC

6spd

Nav

Memory driver seat

Chrome rails along doors

All in all, for the price difference I think it is very worth it.

As for the mustang vs.. They're completely different. Do you need or want awd? If you just want to go fast the mustang is certainly faster out of the box.

The spec b over the gt has :

18" wheels

decent oem summer tires

Bilstein suspension as well as some aluminum components

Limited slip rear dif

VDC

6spd

Nav

Memory driver seat

Chrome rails along doors

All in all, for the price difference I think it is very worth it.

As for the mustang vs.. They're completely different. Do you need or want awd? If you just want to go fast the mustang is certainly faster out of the box.

Is the Mustang GT really faster? How about handling?

Is the Mustang GT really faster? How about handling?

i test drove a 06 mustang gt around the same time i test drove a legacy gt 5spd and i will say that 1st and 2nd gear in the legacy put the mustang to shame. But after that they were about the same.

i dont really care much for handling and im more of a straight line kind of guy and i had much more fun driving the legacy

however, the car i would take over both of these is the car you already have;)

As the owner of a 2007 spec.B which replaced my 2006 spec.B, both of which I ordered, I find that the spec.B is a good balance between fun and utility. In a drag race, a hot Mustang will beat the spec.B, but otherwise the spec.B will outperform the Mustang in roadholding, handling, braking, fuel economy, and all-around usefulness. The Mustang may cost less, but the spec.B's AWD is superb. The new SatNav is worth looking into.

The standard LGT comes with a normal rear LSD. The spec b just has a TORSEN rear LSD instead.

Not to split hairs, but there really isn't a normal LSD, just different kinds (viscous, clutch pack, torsen etc.) The LGT comes with a viscous unit.

i think the difference between a mustang GT and any turbo legacy would be great enough such that if you were to test drive both, one would be eliminated immediately.

in san diego i see more current gen mustangs than civics.

car for sale. PM me!

i test drove a 06 mustang gt around the same time i test drove a legacy gt 5spd and i will say that 1st and 2nd gear in the legacy put the mustang to shame. But after that they were about the same.

i dont really care much for handling and im more of a straight line kind of guy and i had much more fun driving the legacy

Interesting. Maybe I will keep the GTO after all.

I think the newer mustangs hit high 13s in the 1/4 stock. Pretty sure you need stage 2 to do that in a LGT.

Straight line should be comparable to a GTO really so unless you want a convertible then not much reason to go mustang.

I think the newer mustangs hit high 13s in the 1/4 stock. Pretty sure you need stage 2 to do that in a LGT.

Straight line should be comparable to a GTO really so unless you want a convertible then not much reason to go mustang.

Stock LGT 5MT 1/4 mile time is low 14 sec. Stage 2 LGT is about the same as a stock STI which is low 13 sec, stage 1 will get you high 13 sec.

A stock '06 GTO will be faster than a stock Mustang GT in a straight line, the GTO is a mid to low 13 sec car.

Stock LGT 5MT 1/4 mile time is low 14 sec. Stage 2 LGT is about the same as a stock STI which is low 13 sec, stage 1 will get you high 13 sec.

A stock '06 GTO will be faster than a stock Mustang GT in a straight line, the GTO is a mid to low 13 sec car.

If you beat the piss out of it and are able to launch it correctly maybe. Bog the launch slightly and you're running low 15s I'm sure.

There aren't 100,000 of them on the road in your town alone...
Not to mention that Mustangs come with a Blue-on-Blue Crown Vic behind them as standard equipment.....

As the OP doesn't say whether they get snow or rain, or if they drive on roads with corners and bumps, the actual benefits of a well-balanced road car over a 0-60 queen may not mean much to them.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived