LegacyGT.com

OT: NE1 ever been stopped in vicinity of Reading, PA?

Am curious to hear whether or not the prosecutor or magistrate in Bern Twp typically entertains the idea of pleaing-down a speeding ticket charge (71 in a 55 zone) to a lesser charge w/ 0 points.

Got pulled over by Bern Twp's finest and wasn't sure what to expect. 4 points on my Jersey license is gonna' hurt the ol' ins premium.

Thanks,

Tim

Are you sure PA will tell NJ about the points? I know when I was in PA they didn't take points from other states. I'm not sure if it works the other way.

Oh yeah...they sure do!

I don't believe there are any states which no longer "reciprocate" (I'm told is the proper term), meaning that being pulled over in any state is just as bad as in your own state because every state reports it to your home state AND your ins company.

I know that about 15 years ago, NJ & PA still didn't reciprocate...but since technology's come around, that's all changed now. Bad for me.

Tim

Oh yeah...they sure do!

I don't believe there are any states which no longer "reciprocate" (I'm told is the proper term), meaning that being pulled over in any state is just as bad as in your own state because every state reports it to your home state AND your ins company.

I know that about 15 years ago, NJ & PA still didn't reciprocate...but since technology's come around, that's all changed now. Bad for me.

Tim

Not to sure about that been pulled over and ticketed in NM and AZ while licensed in NH and no points or high premiums.....

Dude, I've gotten tickets in NJ, PA, VA and MD I paid them all promptly and the points never showed up.....except for MD..... sinse I live in MD..... :redface: one more thing.....upto 20 over its only 2 point in md is it the same in PA ?

Dude, I've gotten tickets in NJ, PA, VA and MD I paid them all promptly and the points never showed up.....except for MD..... sinse I live in MD..... :redface: one more thing.....upto 20 over its only 2 point in md is it the same in PA ?

Hmmm...maybe that's an MD thing. I wish NJ had that situation.

As for the points, PA counts 16 mph over the limit as 4 points. Gotta' love PA...t's always been one of those "I'll one-up ya' " kind of states which just had to have the strictest law(s) on this, that and the other thing--above and beyond those laws of other states'. Sure makes it kinda' tough to even make a mistake w/ out paying dearly for it.

Tim

not sure if its still the same but years ago nj took points from pa, but pa doesnt take them from nj. however they were about half though. so 2 pts 0 4 pts 2. you get the idea. i got a 2 pt ticket and went to court only to find out it would not have tranfered over anyways.

and reading is a dump

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

not sure if its still the same but years ago nj took points from pa, but pa doesnt take them from nj. however they were about half though. so 2 pts 0 4 pts 2. you get the idea. i got a 2 pt ticket and went to court only to find out it would not have tranfered over anyways.

and reading is a dump

No kidding....now that's weird, but I'll take it. Who knows if they'll even let me plea down, but if what you're saying is still true, maybe I'll only have to worry about 2 points. That sad thing is, the fact I haven't had ANY moving violation in almost 20 years (yes, I'm old) counts for absolutely nothing.

I'll tell ya', the one frustrating thing is that no one (including state Division of Motor Vehicles employees or the couple of State Troopers I've talked to) will give you the same answer as to how this whole mess really works.

Thanks for chiming in.....

Tim G.

I got pulled over about 3 months ago on my side of PA. I was going 60 in a 35 zone. Got off without points, and $107 ticket. Nice guy.

BTW, my agent told me points don't effect my rates... Anyone?

I got pulled over about 3 months ago on my side of PA. I was going 60 in a 35 zone. Got off without points, and $107 ticket. Nice guy.

I got pulled over three times in 6 years (twice in my Dodge Ram, once in the LGT ). All three times near Reading .

It was a PA State Trooper who pulled me over when I was in the LGT - gave me 3 points for doing 82 in 55. When I asked him about the point system, he advised that as long as you don't switch insurance companies within 2-3 years, it will not effect your rate.

Hmmmm....I grew up in Butler (40+ mins north of 'dahn-tahn'...heh heh) and points sure affected my premiums with State Farm. Then again, things may have changed since the '80s when I lived there.

Thanks for chiming-in....

Tim

No kidding....now that's weird, but I'll take it. Who knows if they'll even let me plea down, but if what you're saying is still true, maybe I'll only have to worry about 2 points. That sad thing is, the fact I haven't had ANY moving violation in almost 20 years (yes, I'm old) counts for absolutely nothing.

I'll tell ya', the one frustrating thing is that no one (including state Division of Motor Vehicles employees or the couple of State Troopers I've talked to) will give you the same answer as to how this whole mess really works.

Thanks for chiming in.....

Tim G.

yeah but if you go to court since your record is clean you should have no problem cutting a deal with prosecutor to cut down to 2 pts which would not transfer or if they do unsafe driving like in nj 0 pts and they collect their $$$ which is all they really want.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived