LegacyGT.com

07 turbo Trip Computer Limitations

easton

Hello All,

I don't like the way my multifunction display operates. In my 03 legacy, there were 2 displays, 1 was the odometer, the other was a clock and outside temperature. I could look down at any time and get all of this information instantaneously, very helpful especially when driving during freezing temperatures. With my 07, I have to manually cycle through a bunch of nonsense to get this information.

I was in an 07 OBSE the other day, and noticed that it had a trip computer mounted below the center console cubby. Is it possible to buy that part and simply replace the clock and plug it in to the existing wiring? Does the console wiring have some sort of ECU information bus wire in it?

The cars without SI-Drive are the ones that have the info computer where the clock is ('05-'06 cars and non-SI Drive '07-'08 cars). Those cars have 6 wires running to the back of the clock panel. If I remember right, I only saw 4 wires running to the back of my clock when I installed my boost gauge. I could just be remembering wrong though. Take a look at yours. If there are only 4 wires, then you probably won't be able to simply plug one of the clock/info panels into your car and have it work.

Archived