LegacyGT.com

REVIEW: Infamous Performance Negative Experience - CLOSED

Joe Touch

Well, seems as though I am the minority here. I already know what I want to do with my car and I just wanted some quotes. Guess I didn't articulate that well enough. Communication, the cause of every problem. Thanks for everyone's input, two drops in a bucket, F**k it.

Joe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^agreed.

I assume you contacted Infamous Tuning first with your complaints? I don't see any dates on your posts, how much time lapse is there from your initial response to Infamous about the poor service to this negative review?

Have you tried calling him and speaking directly with him to let him know you are disapointed that he didn't go "above and beyond".

dont really see the "meanness" in his replies, imo your current mods are all over the place. upgraded fueling & intake on the stock turbo?

it sounds like you're just upset he didn't plan out all your future mods for you instead of you researching and deciding what you want on your own. Certainly not worth this big callout thread.

I have to agree with everyone else here on this one. He's been nothing but helpful to me, and very friendly at that. Just honest and straightforward, which is all I'm really seeing in the pm's.

It appears someone may need to get some thicker skin. You asked for advice and an opinion, and you got it...but feel disrespected or put off by it?? I don't understand?

You have to understand that these tuners field questions all day long like yours and then some. When they are being asked the same questions over and over (i.e., what do you think about this setup, or that setup, should I buy this part, or that part) when the answers to most of these questions is widely available by using the search function, sometimes they get a little frustrated. I saw nothing in his responses that could be deemed as disrespecting in any way. All he stated was that you have a lot of info you are throwing at him all at once. He defined that you should take a step back, do some more research and start with one component at a time and then even provided you with his opinion on what is on your shopping list that will work for your goal, and what is simply a waste of your money.

I don't see anything mean or disrespectful at all about his replies. He just seems like a straight-forward kind of guy. He's direct and gives you everything up-front and simple. He sounds like someone I'd want to do business with.

I think you are over reacting. Nothing bad, nasty or disrespectful in those comments posted above. Mike is a very busy man . But he always has great advice to give. I'm sure he gets 20 emails like that everyday. Some people don't take shortcut when it comes to these type of mods, it can only cause problems for them down the road. His info is clear and to the point and he will tell you which of your planned mods are overkill or needless. He is the man with the 20+ years experience.

I hope you contacted mike first before putting up A pretty nasty review. Just my 2 cents on the matter. I hope you get your car built the way you like in the end. Lots of useful info on here and easy found with the search feature or on google sometimes yields more accurate results.

Mike offers nothing but straight forward responses. He is a valued member of this

community that donates his expertise and time to better the experiences of all. His style

of conversation may be blunt, but most people like that cause they know they aren't given

bullshit and being upsold. I have bought a few pricier items from Mike and will continue to

do so. Will be giving the Competition Clutch package a try through him.

I can't speak for Mike but oftentimes when I am multitasking I also tend to be straight to the point and matter-of-fact in my responses. That is what I see in his reply. I was expecting stuff along the lines of personal insults, not responding to your questions etc. but I see none of that.

Interwebs fail? You're upset because he didn't want to sell you the POS hose? He helped you with your mod path and advised against shortcuts? I don't see any issue here??? Gotta appreicate a straight shooting vendor.

I've only bought one thing (set of rotors and fluid) from IP and they (Mike) were very responsive and followed up with the supplier regarding drop-shipment issues. Would definitely buy from again.

Archived