LegacyGT.com

How to sell a Legacy?

What is the best route to sell a stage 2 Legacy. Should I put it back to stock and sell it that way or sell it as is on like craigslist and this forum? I went to carmax just to get a backup plan in case I can't sell it third party and almost slapped them when they gave me a offer. The best part is the girl was like did you look before you came in on like Kelly Blue Book. I said yes she said they are typically $1,500 high I had to explain to her in this case they were off more then $1,500. Funny part is my wife sold her 2004 mitsu lancer with 180k miles for $3k to them. They wanted to offer me $8k for a 2006 LGT limited with 68k miles. Because I didn't bother removing my lowering springs and stuff they said it was modified and its in the system so I guess I can't ever sell to them.

People that have sold cars before do they sell on forums and the net faster as stock cars and just keep them modified? Its not like I did a major turbo swap or anything, just uppipe downpipe, springs and wheels. I don't really plan on digging that uppipe back out either so the uppipe stays with even the "stock" car.

• Moderators

Post it up here if it's in good shape and has been well maintained. If you have all the maintenance records, and it's at stage 2 with a decent tune (you didn't say how it is tuned...?) I would think someone would snatch it up for $12k no problem. The springs and wheels could be a good or a bad thing--not sure since you don't give any details...?

Either way, GLWS.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

The only thing slowing me down right now is pictures, I don't have any recent, its been years. They are 18x8 rota torques in hyper silver. They have Sumitomo htzIII tires on them with a lot of life and I have Dunlop 3D winter sports mounted on 17" impreza wheels that are going with the car too.

The tune was from TDC back in the day when they were considered good vendors. I always bought my Super S from Fred Beans so I might be able to get records from them. I was dumb and didn't keep the receipts. I always babied this car, clayed it once a year, wolfgang paint sealant, washed with 2 buckets to keep swirls down the whole nine yards. There will be more details when I throw the for sale up.

So what your saying is I should just give it a shot as is. With all the parts on it and hope I get a buyer.

• Moderators

Get the edmunds value for your car and add $1000 for the stage 2 goodies/tune and the extra set of wheels / tires. List it for whatever that number is.

Why would you take your car apart if you can get a buyer for the whole package? Try that route first. If it doesn't work, then part it out and use it as a trade in.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

If I have time tonight it wil be up, thanks everyone for there advice. Unfortunately all those posts are from a long time ago when I was a more active member. I haven't done a modification in years. I did browse the classifieds but its so hard to tell what they really sell for, or if they do sell. A lot of times its just the same guy bumping his own thread.

Spend 20 minutes and go take a ton of pictures, show all the good and bad, things that will help your sale, and then spend another 20 minutes and make yourself a nice write up on here. I have sold my last 4 cars on the forums. Craigslist is ok but you get a lot of lowballers. Autotrader seems pretty good too.

Archived