LegacyGT.com

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition Subwoofer

Hey guys! I FINALLY FOUND HOW TO ADD A THREAD! Dang! Ugh. Anyways,

I just got a new to me subaru! I LOVE HER! She's got so many scratches and stuff it's so sad!! But she cost me $10,795. It's okay though. At 105,000 miles, with great engine records and oil changes and stuff, she's a GREAT FIRST CAR! I'm 19 years old and I got my first car and it so happens to be a subaru! I love it.

ANYWAAYYYS. That's the background story.

My awesome uncle is giving me his subwoofer and AMP! Problem is, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO INSTALL IT IN A SUBARU!

I know the basics:

- Power

- Ground

- Remote

Positive and Negative for subwoofer

BUT... since this is a subaru without the RCA connectors, how do I do that? I have a head unit that does not have the aux input. Sad. =( But that's a story for another day.

I would LOVE to use this sub! Such an amazing gift!

Can someone please please help? I know I need to buy a harness for the OEM subwoofer, but how do I turn it into an RCA for my AMP?

Please help!

Sincerely,

Moi

The OEM subwoofers are driven by speaker-level input. If your amp doesn't support this, you'll need a speaker-level to line-level converter(which should have the RCA output you need).

You could just go with an aftermarket head unit assuming you have the manual climate control.

dude.. I just picked up an 06 2.5i limited for the same price, only has 56,000 miles :p I love this car, once you go subaru you never go back! seriously I absolutely am in love with it

btw just installed my alpine / polkaudio sound system today #winning

The OEM subwoofers are driven by speaker-level input. If your amp doesn't support this, you'll need a speaker-level to line-level converter(which should have the RCA output you need).

You could just go with an aftermarket head unit assuming you have the manual climate control.

Idk what it is. it's a gm-5500t pioneer

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=pioneer+gm-5500t&oq=pioneer+gm-&gs_l=hp.3.0.0l10.48.2286.1.3324.12.7.0.5.5.0.65.324.6.6.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.6.hp.ST8TSF6V7_k&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.aWM&fp=c5d0b8f36f784650&biw=1422&bih=754

it's the 06 with 6 cd changer and idk. it's auto climate dual zone

• I Donated Too

We just did this over here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/help-sound-ordnance-b-8pt-install-203222.html

Same procedure... happy to answer your questions.

You will need to figure out the remote wire if the amp doesn't turn on/off sensing the speaker level or if you convert to RCA a different way before the amp.

Archived