LegacyGT.com

Wolfgang Autocare products....AWESOME!

Guys, if you want a great finish to your Legacy and you have 4+ hours I highly highly recommend Wolfgang and their 3 step process. (Premiumautocare.com...10% off for Legacygt.com members, password: legacy)

(sorry no pics yet....its been cloudy and crappy out)

1. Autobath...super buttery suds. Started with a thorough washing and chamois dry.

2. Clay bar treatment. Greatly removes any kind of tar, bug, or tree gunk easily. I had some tar streaks on my rear quarter panel since the day I got my car and have lived with it for the past year. It would just laugh at soap and water. But after about 20 good swipes of the clay bar....gone. HOLY CRAP this stuff works. You could skip this and go with the Pre-Wax first, but you will not remove what you can with the bar. If you skip this step you are essentially sealing in any contaminates you have not removed. This is my first time using a bar and I will be doing this step from now on.

3. Pre-Wax Polish. Goes on easily and dries quickly with a white haze. It's a little hard to see on silver, but you can make it out. Rubs off easily with minimal buffing. I looked like Ralf Macho....wax on wax off!

4. Deep Gloss Sealant. NICE stuff too. Again easy to apply and easy to buff off. And a major plus with Wolfgang....NO WHITE RESIDUE DOES NOT HARM RUBBER TRIM. This stuff wipes right off. Cheaper waxes will give your rubber a haze if you wait till it dries before getting it off rubber trim. Not this stuff.

What your are left with is a super slick high gloss buttery finish. I actually had to check my fingers after rubbing over the surface of the car. Felt just like butter. AWESOME products. I'll use again and again.

I'll try to take pics, but it's going to rain tonight.

Just picture your Legacy shiner than it has ever been with the cleanest surface it has ever had and a big smile on your face. That's what you'll get. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'butter' is how I describe it too. On a properly preped surface it is just like butter when you buff off the sealant. I have used a lot of products, but Wolfgang is on the top of my favorite list for now. I've never used anything quite like it. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Everybody else still thinks Turtle Wax is king. ;) j/k :lol: I know more than a few have tried Wolfgang. If someone had something bad to say about it then it would be a first for me. I've never heard anything negative about Wolfgang.

OCDETAILS BLOG

nobody else has any props! dang.

this stuff is great!

you need to post some pics to sway the masses to this product. It's empty words without visual proof...

here i'll help out. Wolfgang sealant applied 4 to 6 weeks ago and still going strong. It now feels less slick than when first applied but the the shine is still there.

I just got another person to try this product, he ordered the clay, pre-polish and sealant today. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/urabus/subaru/gf_2.jpg

Ahhh... If its a Wolfgang showoff that is needed to sway the masses, then I can definately assist there. :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01913.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/SunShot.jpg

OCDETAILS BLOG

I have a brand new 06 LGT, and due to the responses and pic's I want to try this product. Would I be good just doing the pre-wax and sealent?

I would think a new car wouldn't need to be clayed...right?

clay it! when i got my car new last year there were little bits hear and there and i just tryed scrubbing them out during every wash...but no dice. prewax probably will not get all the little bits. Then if you wax, you are just sealing the stuff in. Even on a new car it's best to clay first....I think OC details will agree.

clay it! when i got my car new last year there were little bits hear and there and i just tryed scrubbing them out during every wash...but no dice. prewax probably will not get all the little bits. Then if you wax' date=' you are just sealing the stuff in. Even on a new car it's best to clay first....I think OC details will agree.[/quote']

opps wrong hear...here....i type too fast :D

Yup. Definitely clay it. Durring transport your car picks up a lot of contamination. Feel your car. If it is anything other than perfectly smooth then it needs to be clayed. Any little bump or grit that you feel can be removed by clay. Clay is the one product I know of that always delivers instant gratification. Nothing is smoother than a freshly clayed car. Claying my car was the first thing I did to it and it made a huge difference.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ahhh... If its a Wolfgang showoff that is needed to sway the masses, then I can definately assist there. :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01913.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/SunShot.jpg

Whoa that First pic is da money shot. Whats nice....hmmmmmm

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

The angle is different, but that is also the difference between 3 coats of Wolfgang and the 1 coat I had on the other picture. This is an awesome product. Out of all the sealants I have used, the reason I stick with Wolfgang is because there is a distinct difference between each layer as well as an instant difference after the first layer. Other sealants look different when you put them on, but the difference isn't as dramatic as this. Definitely my favorite sealant.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I guess this thread is useless without links... You can get Wolfgang at our sponsor www.PremiumAutoCare.com. We get at 12% discount until the end of September. Read here for more information. Check PremiumAutoCare's other posts for the legacy discount code for a regular 10% off when they aren't doing a special promotion like this. I think it's just Legacy or something like that, but you'll want to check.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sliding us free product would only make our opinions seem biased. Knowing that these opinions just come from satisfied customers holds a little more weight I think. That is exactly why I closed the OCD Pharmacy. People were calling my opinions biased because I sold the products I was reviewing. So I closed the store and sold the stock to another store. Now nobody can say my opinions are slanted because I want you to buy something. Use whatever you want, but if my opinon has any value then I definitely have some suggestions for you. ;)OCDetails.com is chock full of suggestions.

OCDETAILS BLOG

To me Zaino is very plasticy looking. I go for more of the 'wet paint' look. Klasse is what I use for winter protection, but that shine is also sort of sterile. I compare it to a polished rock. Neither of those two products will remove swirls anyway. Actually, neither will Wolfgang. The sealant is only meant for protection and appearance. Swirl removal is part of the prep work and requires polishing. There is only one way to remove swirls and that is through polishing. If you are looking to avoid as much work as possible then you need to get a polisher. Not a buffer, you need to get a polisher. The Porter Cable 7424 is the basic beginner model that you need to look for. That will sort out your swirls as well as make applying something like Wolfgang go a lot smoother.

Car care takes time and effort. That is usually why it doesn't get done as often as it should for most cars. ;) However, if you use the right products on it to protect it from damage then future care takes less time. Sometimes it just takes a bit of work to get it back to where it needs to be and then you can do quick maintainance to keep it that way.

OCDETAILS BLOG

To me Zaino is very plasticy looking. I go for more of the 'wet paint' look. Klasse is what I use for winter protection, but that shine is also sort of sterile. I compare it to a polished rock. Neither of those two products will remove swirls anyway. Actually, neither will Wolfgang. The sealant is only meant for protection and appearance. Swirl removal is part of the prep work and requires polishing. There is only one way to remove swirls and that is through polishing. If you are looking to avoid as much work as possible then you need to get a polisher. Not a buffer, you need to get a polisher. The Porter Cable 7424 is the basic beginner model that you need to look for. That will sort out your swirls as well as make applying something like Wolfgang go a lot smoother.

Car care takes time and effort. That is usually why it doesn't get done as often as it should for most cars. ;) However, if you use the right products on it to protect it from damage then future care takes less time. Sometimes it just takes a bit of work to get it back to where it needs to be and then you can do quick maintainance to keep it that way.

I'm considering getting one of the Wolfgang detailing packages with claybar and car wash soap and waxes and sealants, etc. Since, as you say, none of the products will get rid of the swirls, what's best for an OBP Legacy using a 7424 for polishing? I think I'm going to pick one up this weekend, maybe con my old man into going halfsies so he can treat my mother's new TL right. :)

On www.premiumautocare.com (which you still get 12% discount on till the end of the day) I would suggest you pick up some of the Poorboy's SSR products. Depending on how severe your swirls are I would get SSR1 for really mild ones, SSR2 for a car that hasn't been polished for awhile, SSR2.5 for a black car that hasn't been polished for awhile and SSR3 for one that is really messed up. I maintain my car with SSR1. In my FAQ section on OCDetails.com there are some good pad and product suggestions depending on what your needs are.

Try Lowes if you are looking for a Porter Cable. They carry the 7336 which is pretty much the same thing. www.coastaltool.com has more info on what the difference is between the 7424 and 7336, but they are pretty much the same. Generally you can pick one up for about a hundred bucks. Or you can buy the one from CoastalTool for $119 and get all kinds of goodies to go with it. Either way, you should order from PAC before the 12% discount goes back to 10%. Jump on the other special that they posted in the Vendor Announcement forum too. That gloss enhancer quick detailer spray of theirs is awesome.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived