LegacyGT.com

Throwing a P0483 code?

• 8 months later...
checked fuses all are good, no overheating coolant level good I let it idle for 15 or 20 minutes and the fans never did come on dont know if they would in that amount of time They will come on when i turn on the ac But what really gets me is the whirring noise upon start up and when i give it gas unti i get up to speed

Turn on the AC. Do both fans come on?

Are both fans supposed to come on and stay on when the AC is on?? I've never payed attention to that. And honestly when the AC is on in my car, I am usually in it with the windows up :rolleyes::lol:

Are both fans supposed to come on and stay on when the AC is on?? I've never payed attention to that. And honestly when the AC is on in my car, I am usually in it with the windows up :rolleyes::lol:

With A/C off, the primary fan cycle on and off as necessary to keep the engine at a consistent temperature. The secondary fan cycles on and off along with the primary fan when the A/C is turned on. They also run a higher than normal speed.

Bigdaddy, you should check the relays. There are several of them and they may effect how they run.

It seams that the system throws this code when what the ECU is reading doesn't match up with what it is looking for as a response to what it is telling the system to do.

If the codes come back on, you should have someone with a Snap-On scan tool (or one of a similar level) to check the codes, and NOT advance or autozone. You need to do this so you can check what the ECU read the coolant temperature to be at the time the code came up.

Also, your fans should have turned on at least once during twenty minutes of idling..

Does the whirring sound occur when the A/C is on? off? or both?

Does the whirring sound ever change in pitch based on engine speed or load?

EDIT: Another thing to remember is that the fans don't operate at all above a certain speed. I just do not remember specifically off hand..

The whirring happens as soon as it starts and goes away after a couple of seconds or when you give it gas and at low speeds it dont really sound like it does it once you get over 35 or so.But after today i can can tell for sure the noise is coming from under where the airbox is where it connects to the manifold it is probablly something to do with the new toque converter.

Archived