LegacyGT.com

Sedan or wagon...

When i tried the sedan this week i loved the feeling how it handle and push,but i was wondering how does the wagon feel vs the sedan ?? Is it a lot heavier than the sedan ? And what about the power is it still there of it feel like a boat ??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like my wagon.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

The things that I like most about my wagon are the cargo area capacity and that it looks like a total sleeper.

Nobody expects a large station wagon to be fast.

Personally, I like to smoke '13 WRXs :-)

"Dude, you just got smoked by a wagon!"

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

wagon is the only way to go. Sedan owners are constantly looking for ways to make things fit. I sold my pickup when I realized 95% of what I need to carry fits in the wagon.

Add to the above, power and handling are very good. With turbo & 5mt, they are a blast. I run mine on the track, so not sure why you are worried about not enough power?

Trust me the wagon feels no different then my 09 Spec B. If with the Koni's and Epic's it handles better then the Spec.

The wagon is my DD. The Spec sits home most of the time. The wagon is headed back to VT in a few minutes, that's what it does every winter weekend. The wagon is fun to drive and has good mid range power.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

GT wagon handles nothing like the Outback. I have a spec.B and my girlfriend just bought a 2005 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon and the stock wagon suspension isn't as buttoned down as my spec.B but its much tighter than an Outback.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

And here they have sold Spec B wagons with the 3.0...

Anyway - a wagon is the most practical way to go. The instep into the rear seat is better to because the roof line is higher. And you can always scare those that thinks "grocery getter" in more than one way.

453747.png

gt wagon to specB is apples to oranges. At least stock, however, it doesnt take much to bring the wagon up to snuff.

Oh I agree, but its a lot closer than comparing a GT wagon to an Outback handling wise;)

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

i love my wagon but have also had a sedan and think both are great loooking cars. no difference performance wise but if u get a sedan make sure its either a newer one i think 07' because the 05 dont have folding seats so kinda lame if u need to haul anything.

Wagon for all of the reasons already stated (a guy with a '09 WRX didn't expect I was Stage 1), plus, with the extra weight toward the back, to me, if feels a bit more neutral than a sedan. Just sayin'.

Archived