LegacyGT.com

looking for the stock .bin for a 2010 USDM LGT

03MonteSS

i changed more little shit than i remember, ran like a beast but i don't trust subie pistons... walked a 2012 wrx though twice in a row... also exploded 2nd gear once (my fault bounced off the limiter once) so yeah i learned my lesson there i tuned it down but i'm certain i turned it down to less than stock boost with less timing and i want the fuel economy back

i found the file though

actually i used the 301e, my lgt was an early '10 and hadn't had a software update (according to mysubaru), i ASSUME the 301 was the update...

now if only i didn't have the bad clockspring and puddle lamps waiting to start the car on fire in 2 possible ways lol.... and this fcker goes thru oil but no leaks as far as i can see.... yeah should have held out for a 2011 so they had this shit worked out already, its my first Subaru and yeah it has its problems but i can overlook them because it's one of the last manual cars offered where the insurance companies don't rape your wallet. if worst comes to worst i'll drop my l67/l32 hybrid and a t56 in and let it buck, never going back to fwd or automatic... never!!!!!

anyone know if these engines overload the rings with oil past a certain RPM? it seems like it goes through the most oil when i go on a roadtrip when i spend a lot of time 80+ mph

cheers to 301e. jeers to everything else ;)

hope the oil consumption isn't due to cracked ring lands. maybe try a compression test to make sure that's healthy?

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

lol i'll just drive it til the engine dies and put something else in i guess i really miss throttle response, throttle feel, supercharger whine, and instant power, not only that but i'd put money down that my old engine would be better on fuel too, and when i really wanted economy i just pulled the supercharger belt and went on my merry (but slow lol) way, and if i wanted to have fun i grab my 15mm and throw it right back on

pretty sure toyota is ruining subaru little by little, i mean this car is just an AWD camry with different paneling... which is cool i guess but it's just not the Subaru i thought i got, but the new wrx looks like a goddamn corolla with a wrx front clip

have you checked out the build thread by frank_ster? he put a buick turbo v6 in his lgt. it was quite a swap.
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

That is the right rom. It says "automatic" but when I pulled my rom, before tuning my car, it was the same

Use the "301E" rom/map. You'll be good to go, but might need to download the drivers as well, if you haven't already.

have you checked out the build thread by frank_ster? he put a buick turbo v6 in his lgt. it was quite a swap.

damn that would be fun, i don't have the turbo buick 6 i have a supercharged buick 6 that i built with my own recipe of parts from different year engines and aftermarket parts where necessary to make things work and it absolutely responded amazing, while appearing stock minus the smaller pulley and headers (which were made by the same company that made the performance exhaust option but weren't emissions legal in california)

sounds cool. low rpm torque is a lot of fun!

except it's not when it sits in a FWD car, the damn car just didn't make sense lol which is probably why it was so fun, did launch alright at the track with 18" wheels and all seasons in 60* weather (1.9 60') but on the road it cant handle full throttle til 50 with those same tires on a warm day, and throttling back just wasn't my style, more like let it scream like a mother***** lol i didn't race too much with it, just drove it like a true "SS" should be... even though a 200hp 4000lb fwd monte is neither Super nor Sporty (it was a n/a SS car originally and freakishly slow, when i added the blower i removed the ss badging lol)

Archived