LegacyGT.com

Stock PSI

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you try searching?

I actually think this is even in the owners manual...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've heard its 13psi.

No fun.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

12.5psi-13psi.. Get a MBC and turn it up to 16 safely 17 max.

No.

12.5psi-13psi.. Get a MBC and turn it up to 16 safely 17 max.

No.

Not with out a proper tune.

You can just get a smaller boost pill and get more psi too.

Either way you need to have a Tuner make a new map.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

according to my stock rom the target boost is 1.947 bar .947*14.7 = 13.9 psi

that is peak boost and the boost will taper down as rpms rise. at 6800 target boost is 1.6 bar sp .6 *14.7 = 8.82 psi

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

:eek:

lol i dont get it? Ive had a few friends do this and its been about 2 years and not one problem. I did it and logged it and it was perfect. There wasnt no knock or anything. Thats why i said safely 16psi. ECU does well to maintain a good A/F ratio. But i guess not everyone is the same.

lol i dont get it? Ive had a few friends do this and its been about 2 years and not one problem. I did it and logged it and it was perfect. There wasnt no knock or anything. Thats why i said safely 16psi. ECU does well to maintain a good A/F ratio. But i guess not everyone is the same.

Bad form.

Really good way to blow your car up.

A/F ratio isn't the only thing that determines "safe". You should never increase boost without tuning for it.

A/F ratio isn't the only thing that determines "safe". You should never increase boost without tuning for it.

But A/F is one of the main things to look into. I also included knock, i can get into timing as well. You didnt provide me an explanation on telling me how it would blow up the motor driving normal not racing or anything. Every other car you can do the same DSM hell 18psi is safe just coming from my experiences. I'm not telling him he has to it was a suggestion.

dude you are one hell of a guy. I can't believe you think turning up boost with a MBC is anyone near appropriate. If there was a lmfao smilie I would paste it.

Sorry just from experience, I never had an issue. Once again it was a suggestion. I know alot on turbo motors, subie being the newest edition and so far from some profession tuners I know they say the same thing. Unless you plan on running your car Hard everytime you drive it then yea it would not be safe. I would agree to that, but just to a casual drive it shouldnt be a problem. from 14psi to 16psi is nothing.

No professional tuner will say to do that. Ever. It is to be turned up when other vital items are adjusted, like fuel in relation to your boost level. If it was safe to do this, everyone on the forum would go out and buy a MBC, pop it in, and turn it up 3-4 clicks.

well you would refer to timming ..

could you post your timming map vs a stock timming map .

i looked at mine and the stock timming map is some what conservative than the one i was using when i ran 16 psi boost.

however i found that if you run 16 lbs from mid range to the end of the rpm limit ie 6800rpm injector duty would exceed 100%

so a lean condition may be a problem.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Just because there isn't knock doesn't mean its safe or okay. There are many variables to contend with and if tuning was as easy as you make it sound many of the tuners we know and love would be non-existent.

Just because there isn't knock doesn't mean its safe or okay. There are many variables to contend with and if tuning was as easy as you make it sound many of the tuners we know and love would be non-existent.

i never said tuning was easy at all. Trust me its not, I'm saying my experience never had a problem. This forum is really negative on someones opinion.

well you would refer to timming ..

could you post your timming map vs a stock timming map .

i looked at mine and the stock timming map is some what conservative than the one i was using when i ran 16 psi boost.

however i found that if you run 16 lbs from mid range to the end of the rpm limit ie 6800rpm injector duty would exceed 100%

so a lean condition may be a problem.

If you read my other post you would see i know it would be bad redlining. Thats what i was saying but for a CASUAL DRIVE it will not harm anything.

Archived