LegacyGT.com

Wideband sensor question

The sensor will be borked if it's been run disconnected for any length of time.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

They all use the same plugs. That sensor also looks like it's had its last proper read a long time ago ha.

Do you know what mods you have/what tune is on the car?

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sensor will be borked if it's been run disconnected for any length of time.

Ok, i didn't know that

They all use the same plugs. That sensor also looks like it's had its last proper read a long time ago ha.

Do you know what mods you have/what tune is on the car?

-Brian

Ok, was just wondering if i could use the old plug in another kit.

My car has:

AVO frontmount intercooler

perrin intake

perrin turbo inlet

perrin catless up pipe

perrin catted downpipe

Invidia Q300 catback exhaust

UEL headers

Mishimoto radiator

was told it had a basic stage 1 ap tune. I got a boost gauge and its running 15 psi

Ya you'll def need a tune for that, the cobb ots maps dont support all your mods listed.

Here's a summary of ETUNING for you and pricing =) (you look like you'd fall under the stage 1-2 etune category/price)

OVERVIEW:

E-tuning is a term used for remotely tuning a car using email to transmit ECU maps and data logs of the operating engine. The less modified setups like stage 1 and 2 cars don’t require data-logging, but Tuning Alliance recommends and provides free map optimization for these customers. This can further improve performance, reliability and economy of any configuration. More modified setups are required to datalog as the initial map will be conservative with boost set intentionally low, as well as fueling is targeted on the rich side. Then as data is provided the tune can be improved and increased in power safely.

COBB E-TUNING:

All cobb E-tunes will require the use of Cobb’s AP manager software, this is a free download from cobb and is used to transfer maps and data logs to and from the Cobb Accessport to your PC.

PROCESS:

1. We will send you an info sheet that will document and store all your personal info/mods to your specific vehicle/needs. You will also need to provide base logging of your current setup, we will ensure that there are no issues like boost leaks at this time.

2. We then build a custom (not pre built) base map based upon your vehicle and its specific mods. I cannot urge the importance of this, each map is CUSTOM MADE, tailored to you and your car!

3. You will upload this map to your car via Cobb Accessport, and data log under certain conditions(usually idle, cruise, and wide open throttle to a specific rpm).

4. You then send us datalogs, and we will update based on feedback of the logs and send a new map. Repeat steps until both YOU and our tuner are happy with the results.

*Every ETUNE comes with 6 months of revisions if needed. Also future mods down the road, tune/map updates will be at a reduced cost(price varies case by case, but usually 50-100 dollars).

**Please keep in mind normal processing takes 3-5 business days for initial maps and 1-2 business days on revisions

PRICING:

Subaru ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 1-2 200

Subaru ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 3 250

Mitsubishi ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 1-2 250

Mitsubishi ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 3 275

Road Tune 275

Dyno Stage 1-3 450

Speed Density Tuning 600

Flex Fuel Tuning 600

***Stage 3 applies if any of the following conditions are met. EBCS, upgraded turbo, upgraded motor/swap, upgraded injectors

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya you'll def need a tune for that, the cobb ots maps dont support all your mods listed.

Here's a summary of ETUNING for you and pricing =) (you look like you'd fall under the stage 1-2 etune category/price)

OVERVIEW:

E-tuning is a term used for remotely tuning a car using email to transmit ECU maps and data logs of the operating engine. The less modified setups like stage 1 and 2 cars don’t require data-logging, but Tuning Alliance recommends and provides free map optimization for these customers. This can further improve performance, reliability and economy of any configuration. More modified setups are required to datalog as the initial map will be conservative with boost set intentionally low, as well as fueling is targeted on the rich side. Then as data is provided the tune can be improved and increased in power safely.

COBB E-TUNING:

All cobb E-tunes will require the use of Cobb’s AP manager software, this is a free download from cobb and is used to transfer maps and data logs to and from the Cobb Accessport to your PC.

PROCESS:

1. We will send you an info sheet that will document and store all your personal info/mods to your specific vehicle/needs. You will also need to provide base logging of your current setup, we will ensure that there are no issues like boost leaks at this time.

2. We then build a custom (not pre built) base map based upon your vehicle and its specific mods. I cannot urge the importance of this, each map is CUSTOM MADE, tailored to you and your car!

3. You will upload this map to your car via Cobb Accessport, and data log under certain conditions(usually idle, cruise, and wide open throttle to a specific rpm).

4. You then send us datalogs, and we will update based on feedback of the logs and send a new map. Repeat steps until both YOU and our tuner are happy with the results.

*Every ETUNE comes with 6 months of revisions if needed. Also future mods down the road, tune/map updates will be at a reduced cost(price varies case by case, but usually 50-100 dollars).

**Please keep in mind normal processing takes 3-5 business days for initial maps and 1-2 business days on revisions

PRICING:

Subaru ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 1-2 200

Subaru ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 3 250

Mitsubishi ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 1-2 250

Mitsubishi ETUNE Cobb AP Stage 3 275

Road Tune 275

Dyno Stage 1-3 450

Speed Density Tuning 600

Flex Fuel Tuning 600

***Stage 3 applies if any of the following conditions are met. EBCS, upgraded turbo, upgraded motor/swap, upgraded injectors

Thanks for the information! I am in the process of upgrading to a stage 3. Bigger turbo, bigger injectors, upgraded fuel pump, etc.

Do i need a wideband gauge if I already have a cobb ap?

I was going to get a wideband gauge and a tactrix cord instead of a cobb AP

It would be a very good idea. The ecu can only see AFR's under cruise/idle, the stock sensor because of its location does not have full resolution under boost.

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A WBO2 is a sensor, and the Cobb AP or Tactrix is monitoring/flashing tool. Having an AP (or tactrix) doesn't make having a WBO2 any more or less important. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just being brief.

A wideband O2 is for tuning purposes, so isn't absolutely necessary, or it's extremely necessary, depending on your tuner's preferences. The safest way to tune is with a WBO2, but it's possible without one.

If your TGVs have been deleted there's a pretty cool way to log the WBO2 signal through the unused TGV sensor plug (thread here).

Hey guys, I need some help identifying a part. I recently bought an 07 LGT and I'm still trying to track down all the mods the previous owner did. I know this is a wideband sensor but im trying to find out which kit it goes to or which it is compatible with. Thanks!

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/chungandrew84/IMG_20160928_163232_zpsz1gcm71j.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/chungandrew84/IMG_20160928_163302_zpsfsedj0l9.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/chungandrew84/IMG_20160928_163344_zpsrxtcfmha.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/chungandrew84/IMG_20160928_163406_zpsd5ypcuu5.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/chungandrew84/IMG_20160928_163423_zpst4cvpsab.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/chungandrew84/IMG_20160928_163447_zps2abazrxj.jpg

I didn't see it answered here but that looks like the sensor from an Innovate motorsports LC-1 kit.

...that looks like a dead sensor from an innovate motorsports lc-1 kit.

ftfy

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yep, looks like an lc-1, which has now been changed to the LC-2. Either way, you'll need to replace the sensor. I have one, despite the poor reviews. It's been okay for me. In fact, mine is now being serviced at Innovate because the module would not update the firmware for a new 4.9 sensor.

I don't know that I would recommend them, but they weren't as awful as everyone made them out to be. There are other greater options out there. You'll want one for proper tuning when you throw on your upgrades. GL!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

What we are saying in a roundabout way is that it's probably an Innovate LC-1 kit that was installed, but the sensor is certainly knackered now and the rest is missing. In this case you are looking at a whole new kit if you want AFR data under load, but which means you are not tied to this brand or model kit. I've used load of Innovate kits and never had a problem with them, very good sensor life and so on. Others, not so much. There are plenty of options out there.

My own checklist for whether or not a WBO2 is required before I will tune a car (except possibly on a 5th gen LGT where the stock O2 is post-turbo):

Larger than stock turbo that can push stock injector duty cycle beyond 85% or so and make fueling at peak airflow questionable.

Any non-stock Subaru injector in use. They all have to have flow confirmed. You cannot simply trust them to flow what it says on any data card.

Any aftermarket intake. Intakes just have to be scaled and you just have to have a WBO2 to do the job.

Any water or water/meth injection system in use. You need to know both what the base AFR is with meth off and final AFR with meth on. You aren't going to just wing this one.

• 5 months later...
yea i know it is a Bosch sensor' date=' was just wondering if anybody recognized the connector and which kit it goes to[/quote']

Wide band O2/AF sensor.looks like you have six wire setup. should plug in passenger side about 2 feet above trans axle you should find a bundle of wires comming through the firewall. connector should be hanging from the bundle

Archived