LegacyGT.com

Front end rattle

TLO03

I'm sorry if this was gone over before but I did search, and closest thing I could come with is tie rods. But maybe someone has a deffinate answer..

The problem is a intermittent rattle on the passenger side, at parking lot speeds over pavement on imperfect surfaces. I can't make it happen it just dose it whenever...

Any input would be appreciated..

Check the front swaybar bushings. If you get stock ones from the dealer, they change up to a newer style with a bit of a lip on it that resists stretch and holds grease better. You don't have to specifically ask for them, as the original style aren't available, only the new ones. My 07 SpecB had very low miles but had a pretty pronounced clunk/rattle from the front end. I thought it was a strut mount, but a set of front swaybar bushings fixed it right up.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for response guys. I forgot to say I'm on tein flex coilovers. I had the car on the lift and could not find anything loose. But its getting worst, it happens more often. When I coast only , like clutch in parking lot driving. Also I can make it happen when I shake the wheel back and forth. Never under any acceleration.. Help guys..please..

• 2 weeks later...
I got new spec B top mounts to replace my stock ones (sad looking in comparison) that were sitting on KWV2's, I did have some minor rattles developing from the front end prior to the swap but they seem pretty much gone now. I guess they can get beat up over time. Overall the front end/steering seems more solid/responsive. Kinda makes me want to go crazy on bushings.

Archived