LegacyGT.com

new to subaru

(please excuse the spelling)

i have a 1990 legacy wagon fwd auto

just got it for 800. totaly stock except a muffler that was taken from a wrecked eclipse

future plans:

set up and lower suspencion for autocross

awd 5spd

ej22t swap

wheels

turbo hood and bumper

i also kinda like the garage door sealer lip

if you have any recomendations on any thing please feel free to let me know

First things first. Take it offroad before you do anything like that and make sure it's what you want. I have a 90 Legacy AWD wagon that is completely stock and that thing's a beast offroad. You may find that you dont need a lot of that stuff. My friend Bryan has a 91 Legacy Wagon that's a FWD and that thing is incredible too. He runs stock tires from WalMart with a springy suspension and that thing handles amazing.

Aftermarket (strengthened) oil pan or a heavy metal skid plate would be a good place to start. As for work though, I would start with some 16's from the 02-05 WRX (205/55/R16's). The wheels will make all the difference in the world. Then do the suspension work if you have a strong engine, but I wouldn't lower it too much. Next, convert it to manual. Then I would worry about the engine and hood. The bumper can be last unless you have the money. Wait on the lip since it'll get bashed to crap haha

Also, welcome to Subaru. Chances are you'll never go back :D

Archived