LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

we do not use that word around here :cool:

It is a low profile ultra high-flow cat ;)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, we talked about the v2.0 ss headers a few weeks ago when Tim posted a teaser over at the Liberty AU forum.

Different manufacturer, design/fitment tweaks over v1, similar performance.

Meanwhile, I continued toying around with adding some H6-only and a few generic Extended SSM parameters to BtSsm. OCD at its best. If anyone sees me adding more, please slap some sense into me. Thanks.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5095422&postcount=493

There are some real gems in our ECUs... for example some that point to MT support (at least envisioned pairing in markets other than only Canada), some form of experimental SD support and a fuel/timing strategy thats more advanced (read complex, involved) than even our LGT brethren.

Edited by Perscitus

Just let me know when I may swap in a 6mt, Perscitus.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Tech from 2008 or not, when you have an engine that's baseline 256/247 and with simple bolt ons and a good tune can jump to 300-310/340+ you got something that's special. I don't think I can recall any other manufacturer where the car's power jumped that significantly with such simple modifications.

Fredrick, didn't you recently say that's a dream we need to let go? ;-)

We have discussed the 6 speed manual from the GT (or 2015 WRX) will bolt directly up and may have electronics issues but it's really going to be hard to know what problems we have until someone actually does it on here and we can be kept up to date about it. They might be a nightmare or they might be fairly simple (one can only hope).

Perscitus, since Gio might be nearing the limits of the 5 speed with the Supercharger, is the 6 speed manual something he's looked into at all?

I'm not sure if he has, but Rob @ AMR told me and Fredrik that EZ36D+MT combos were typical on a few auto-x and track builds they did (swapping the EZ36D and EZ30D into STIs, boosted or NA). You can find some of them showcased even today over @ NASIOC.

I'm thinking that since the 2015+ 6th gen Legacy / 5th gen Outbacks have the EZ36D paired with the HT-CVT and I think an MT in Canada (as an option?) then I bet either the STI MT or the LGT MT should bolt right up and should work (ECU/TCU gremlins? likely).

Our 5EAT, even without a rebuild should hold 360-400ftlbf. More with a new VB/TC and ATF cooler. Its just a performance killer without TCU tuning.

I'm not sure if he has, but Rob @ AMR told me and Fredrik that EZ36D+MT combos were typical on a few auto-x and track builds they did (swapping the EZ36D and EZ30D into STIs, boosted or NA). You can find some of them showcased even today over @ NASIOC.

I'm thinking that since the 2015+ 6th gen Legacy / 5th gen Outbacks have the EZ36D paired with the HT-CVT and I think an MT in Canada (as an option?) then I bet either the STI MT or the LGT MT should bolt right up and should work (ECU/TCU gremlins? likely).

Our 5EAT, even without a rebuild should hold 360-400ftlbf. More with a new VB/TC and ATF cooler. Its just a performance killer without TCU tuning.

It is only the elctronic gremlins to which I was referring. I have zero doubt that the 6mt from a 2.5gt will bolt up just fine.

it is the angle at which the headers are resting

It comes with all the gaskets (not the best quality) and the two bolt flanges to build the y pipe. But what are the thin metal piece shaped like the gasket from the head to the header?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/18/2534ec22ef2f2b72f122ad4ab1960e19.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/18/ec54d22e0af9870e42aaee182ca0a9fe.jpg

It comes with all the gaskets (not the best quality) and the two bolt flanges to build the y pipe. But what are the thin metal piece shaped like the gasket from the head to the header?
They are 'spacers', additional gaskets that you can install (if needed). Giovanni found out the hard way that depending on model-year or front suspension upgrades (thicker FSB), the headers don't always have enough room to clear the FSB and end up clunking against it with suspension travel on the road. The 'spacers' that Raptor includes now solve this issue and provide ample clearance even with 2013+ 26mm FSBs.

They are 'spacers', additional gaskets that you can install (if needed). Giovanni found out the hard way that depending on model-year or front suspension upgrades (thicker FSB), the headers don't always have enough room to clear the FSB and end up clunking against it with suspension travel on the road. The 'spacers' that Raptor includes now solve this issue and provide ample clearance even with 2013+ 26mm FSBs.

Thanks! So I am guessing that I will not need them on my '11 Outback...

Do these headers hang down any lower than stock manifolds? I would hate to bottom out on the headers.
Not at all, in fact Id say they sit more flush up against the chassis. No weird fins hanging down like OEM.

BTW, back on anything-EZ36D-topic, some good posts recently in the BtSsm thread, we are confirming Bank 2 specific tables, adjustments, sensor outputs: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-229709p34.html

Edited by Perscitus

^^^ just let me know when youbhave the electronics figured out for a 6mt swap....

^^^ That is awesome...

In other news...especially for Mr. Perscitus, I updated the Boomba TB thread to show air flow before and after.