LegacyGT.com

On a scale of 1 to 10

1 being "cool"

10 being "uber-cheesy/ghey"

I saw a nice looking, what I thought, LGT yesterday parked next to mine. Both myself and the driver of the other car were getting back to our cars at the same time so I struck up a conversation about fuel mileage, how he likes it overall, etc... (still a little bummed I have a 2.5i and not an LGT)

Anyway, after looking in his interior I noticed it wasn't the normal LGT interior. I asked him why his didn't have the LGT shift knob, steering wheel, climate control, etc...

he then told me it was a 2.5i but he "modded" it with an LGT hood - with scoop.

Inside my own head I said "cheeseball" but I do have to admit, it looked nicer than your normal 2.5i

So I ask... on a scale of 1 to 10 - what do you think of his mod?

Well, here's the thing... He might have traded with someone who had an LGT and wanted a non-scoop hood cause he went with an FMIC...

So while its cheesy and false advertising... Props to the guy who got the non-scoop'd hood to make it even more sleeper ;) lol

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

You got to understand... where I live - guys will put $4000 rims on a 1993 Toyota Tercel.

As for Philly's Worst... the next time I see that guy on the road I'm now going to have, "these go to eleven" in my head :D

Well, here's the thing... He might have traded with someone who had an LGT and wanted a non-scoop hood cause he went with an FMIC...

So while its cheesy and false advertising... Props to the guy who got the non-scoop'd hood to make it even more sleeper ;) lol

Def one way of looking at it, but the way some of these young kids are now a days. I would not put it past them. I live in Philly and the majority of cars i see anymore are exactly what Madjik_Man is describing: 4000 rims on a 1500 dollar car---------Dodge Neons with SRT badges with the fake BOV whistles--------- sound systems in their cars that probably cost more then their house.

I'd give it an 11 for being retarded. Why mod your car to make it something it can't be. For the amount of cash he probably put into it' date=' he got have bought a LGT. Some people in my mind are a complete waste of space.[/quote']

Agreed.

Thats no different than putting an interfooler on a N/A car. Complete waste of money. $500 bucks will buy you a nice sub/amp combo and/or many other "useful" things.

To each its own though I suppose.

i have an FMIC but i have the hoodscoop. am i a poser? I like the way it looks and even if there was no functional value (cooling engine bay) i think i would still have it.

goes both ways. many cars have hoodscoops that dont really do much. actually i think the mustang hoodscoop doesnt even have air inlet into the engine bay. also has a sidescoop that is blocked off with plastic.

scoops as an aesthetic mod are okay IMO. tons of cars come stock like that. scoops as a way to convert your car into something it's not such as the type R emblems... not so okay

if he didnt rebadge his car to say LGT on it i'd say he's not a TOTAL poser. maybe he likes the way it looks..

car for sale. PM me!

if he didnt rebadge his car to say LGT on it i'd say he's not a TOTAL poser.

yeah, I didn't happen to notice that... I agree, if he starts putting badges on it, then it's a total poser-move.

like I said in the OP, I do have to say, I like the look of it :lol:

i have an FMIC but i have the hoodscoop. am i a poser? I like the way it looks and even if there was no functional value (cooling engine bay) i think i would still have it.

I am in the same boat, but I wouldn't go out and waste my money and buy a 2.5i hood just to be a sleeper. (I had once thought about it though :lol:)

Just a thought as well... Before 05 the legacy GT's had hood scoops that did nothing... So are they complete posers as well? I know it came stock and all... But again with the no functionality part ya know.

To each his/her own... Some people like all show no go, some like all go no show, and some like it inbetween. I like the sleeper look (less is more). Otherwise I would have gotten an STI.

I like the sleeper look... that's why I have a 2.5i :redface:

Seriously though, in the interior regarding audio/stereo I love the sleeper look. Have everything look stock yet sound amazing. Of course still only having the stock stereo/set up it looks stock and sounds like crap :(

Seriously though, in the interior regarding audio/stereo I love the sleeper look. Have everything look stock yet sound amazing. Of course still only having the stock stereo/set up it looks stock and sounds like crap :(

Thats when you get a cleansweep or RF 360.2 or alpine PDE-650 or whatever that one is... :)

FWIW, I have a cleansweep JL 300/4 JL 500/1 Focal 165 Polyglass speakers and 2 x JL 10w3's and it sounds incredible. All while looking stock.

And someday I want a carputer and use the factory navigation spot for the screen, still looking stock but having all the functionality you can need/want :)

As for a hoodscoop on a non gt... Arent they gonna put the hoodscoops on the camry's now too ;) JK JK

The 2.5i is more in a coma than sleep :lol:

If he was going to use the hood scoop to try a ram air intake, I would probably like it better. Having a car that looks fast but doesn't deliver is pointless IMO.

Thats when you get a cleansweep or RF 360.2 or alpine PDE-650 or whatever that one is... :)

FWIW, I have a cleansweep JL 300/4 JL 500/1 Focal 165 Polyglass speakers and 2 x JL 10w3's and it sounds incredible. All while looking stock.

And someday I want a carputer and use the factory navigation spot for the screen, still looking stock but having all the functionality you can need/want :)

As for a hoodscoop on a non gt... Arent they gonna put the hoodscoops on the camry's now too ;) JK JK

I guess my stereo isn't stock. I did install an FM modulator so I can hook up my iPod. Not CD quality sound, but good enough considering I can carry around 120 gigs of music. The iPod adaptor, when not in use, tucks nicely inbetween the passenger seat and center console.

It's hard to justify spending $500-700 on stereo upgrade when I got a 17 month old girl, but I'd love to swap out all the speakers, put in an amp/sub combo and get a new head unit.

I'd say its a 5. Its neutral.

BTW, I never know whether to talk to Legacy drivers or not. I feel like some people would be like, this thing just gets from point A to point B.

However, I was in the car the other day with my mom and a fellow RX400h driver stopped to talk with her about fuel economy, octane ratings, and power output. I laughed. Apparently it does not happen often.

Archived